• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Seems dumb all around. When she bought it it became her item. When she brought it back to him (non expert) he tried to mess with it (wrong on him) then sends it back with her to go to a expert. She drops it and sues.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Talk about stacking of variables. Sad for the death, I do not see how the courts could assign such a penalty to a single entity.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I can't believe that article came from a major newspaper. There were some serious grammar issues, including several missing words.

Not to mention the gun in question was referred to as a "Saturday Night special" in quotes with no attribution as to who called it that, yet later it's revealed that it was a .380 not a .38 special.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I can't believe that article came from a major newspaper. There were some serious grammar issues, including several missing words.

Not to mention the gun in question was referred to as a "Saturday Night special" in quotes with no attribution as to who called it that, yet later it's revealed that it was a .380 not a .38 special.

I just googled "Linda Bullard" and "Fulton County" and it came up with 5 different news sources and a lawyers blog that said the same thing, so I think it did happen. I would think that any cheapo compact firearm could be labeled ad a "saturday night special". I'll bet not one in 10 people working for the news media knows the difference between a .38 spl and a .380 acp.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm not questioning the validity of the story, just pointing out the terrible reporting, proofreading.

I'm a former reporter and newspaper writer. I can't help it.

N R A

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2014
    USA
    What is AJC? Their level of written English, is worse than mine.

Jennings is a pretty low grade gun, to put it plain. Not much could be a lower entry level. Handing back a loaded gun to a customer, working or jammed, was pretty stupid.

Sad all around. Only winners are the suits that will get most of the money.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Sounds like she won at litigation lottery. Just another thing wrong with this country. Plenty of stupidity to go around on her side of the story.

And yes, that story was written so poorly it was almost interesting on it's own accord; in a watching a train wreck sort of way.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    And this is why your insurance company sometimes pays some liability claim that leaves you shaking your head.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don't believe that the special in "Saturday night special" referred to the caliber .38 special. More along the lines of K-Mart's Blue light special. As in cheap. IMO a jennings .380 would qualify.

I would think that any cheapo compact firearm could be labeled ad a "saturday night special". I'll bet not one in 10 people working for the news media knows the difference between a .38 spl and a .380 acp.

Yep, that is my understanding. Cheap, usually small and lower caliber, generally not let's say .45 acp or any of the magnum calibers.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't believe that the special in "Saturday night special" referred to the caliber .38 special. More along the lines of K-Mart's Blue light special. As in cheap. IMO a jennings .380 would qualify.

"Saturday Night Special" is a vile racist term. It is best that it is not discussed here.

*Danger, Will Robinson*

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Saturday night special - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep. Looks like you're right. Any cheap gun applies.

There's also more in the link that explains the racial component Kirk referred to.

Yep, that is my understanding. Cheap, usually small and lower caliber, generally not let's say .45 acp or any of the magnum calibers.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Seen plenty of low income whites who bought SNS.
    Also seen a bunch of decent income whites who bought them (cheapskates).

I have unfortunately heard some folks call certain guns by racist terms. Usually a .25 acp or something of extra shiny finish.

Been around/into guns..............for 40 yrs. Never heard "Saturday Night Special" used in a racist manner. It always meant "cheap".............like Rohm, RG, Jennings etc. Usually something that was made of "pot metal".

Wiki definitions...................doubt they ever strive for accuracy.

Top Bottom