Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    any news?

My stepdaughter is in. Her fiancee cant say for sure till early next month. He's a firefighter/emt and he's waiting to find what weekend in June they are doing some type of water rescue training, and he wont know till end of first week of April. So he's unsure, but add my stepdaughter Mackenzie. She could probably be helpful at the shotgun range as she used to work the trap range at the Izaak Walton

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ok that gives us the min plus a photographer.
    No food at this point.
    I will let dnr know.

Make sure you let them know why we're having a hard time with volunteers also!
    I'll see if i can't line a few more helpers out too. I have a couple buddies that were thinking about it, but was a little early for them to commit. Im hoping we'll end up with a few more helpers by the time this takes place

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I have a +1 commitment from Glen Park IW. Put Joe GPIW on the list. He is an NRA RSO and instructor in all 3 disciplines as well as archery certified.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just emailed DNR that we are a go.
    I will update post 2 this weekend with roles/location of the volunteers.
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP

Sorry that I have not replied faster. This year it has been much harder to recruit for this event then in prior years due to the change in the DNR rules regarding handguns and open carry/concealed carry. Many of the original volunteers and the core membership of the NWI INGO group have chosen not to volunteer or even attend the monthly NWI INGO Meet & Shoots that we have held at Winamac DNR. There is no scheduled Meet & Shoots at Winamac DNR this year as a result of the rule changes and lack of interest from the group.

I was able to to get the minimum number of volunteers (17) but had to ask around to various other groups and members outside the NWI area (Fort Wayne and Indianapolis Area) for the event. So we are all set for the date with instructors and range officers.

No food this time around and I suspect no reloading table demo either.
    We will bring 10/22s and have one bench on the 50 yard for AR/AK rifles.
    If you still have your 10/22 please bring them as backups but I doubt we will use them.

Once you have the flyer ready please let me know so I can post it and also hand out to members to pass out in our area as well.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @
    5. GLOCKMAN23C
    6. GLOCKMAN23C's daughter
    8. Audie Murphy
    12. topshot
    13. spencer rifle
    14. Audie Murphy
    16. MRockwell
    18. BuickGS

Who wants to do the AK./AR bench?
    Who wants to use a .22lr rifle x3 open slots
    Who wants to be a Skeet Operator x2 open slots
    Who wants to be Ranger Officer #2

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If volunteers would like please either pm me or message right here your shirts size please, so i can start that process.
    Also if anyone is wanting to contribute to the shirt fund you could pm me for address for checks or i can give you my email for PayPal. I'll have to go back and look, but 1775 had some money left from last year and i have acquired an additional $60 in donations so far, so i believe we are right around $200 as of right now

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    2x......I have $140 from last year and my wife with Dark Horse Inspirations is going to throw in 40. When I get my haircut the 30th I should be able to get 20 from Valpo Barbers. So I will friends and family you 200 by the first week of april or what I can raise.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    2x......I have $140 from last year and my wife with Dark Horse Inspirations is going to throw in 40. When I get my haircut the 30th I should be able to get 20 from Valpo Barbers. So I will friends and family you 200 by the first week of april or what I can raise.

Excellent! So that would put is at $260 as it sits right now

Tomahawk34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Portage
    Hello,
    I talked to Doug Green at Winamac earlier in the week and told him I was willing to volunteer to help with the event. I am aa member of the Glen Park IWLA.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hello,
    I talked to Doug Green at Winamac earlier in the week and told him I was willing to volunteer to help with the event. I am aa member of the Glen Park IWLA.

You are not joe gpiw correct?
    If not ill add you to the list. Do you want a .22lr rifle station or help in the skeet stations? Or be the safety greeter

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom