Please reply by conversation.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Are you the kind of person that likes to annoy your neighborhood association?

Well, come to the S/E side of indianapolis and bring $5,000(obo) and you can own your very own argo 6x6 amphibious tank thing. You too can drive it into the pond w friends and subsequently receive many “cease and desist” letters as well as your very own sign that faces only your house (see picture).

The Argo has only 68 hours on it, and comes with a giant plow blade, which is the only part the neighborhood association DOESNT mind apparently.
    EB4ABD45-9610-4EE9-8344-83B1307B3D16.jpeg

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Bumping with further info:

My dad gave the Argo to me to make room for a tractor. He said “it’s 12 years old” when I listed it for sale. Personally I think it’s older, but I don’t know. It runs great, low hours, and the internals look new. I know it’s not the oldest model by any stretch but it’s not the newest either.

there has been a TON of interest but the main sticking point seems to be transportation. The most asked question is “can it fit in the back of my truck?”. Yes and No. if your truck is big enough…sure, but it’ll have to drive over and then balance on the bed’s wheel wells more than likely. I wouldn’t do it but whatever, it’s your new mini tank...do you. You will likely need a trailer to pick it, and it’s nearly 7’ blade, up.

It also has a winch if I didn’t say that.

It is fast on snow and grass. Scary fast, or at least my definition of it. In the water it is the opposite of fast. It still goes in the water, you just won’t be pulling any water skiers and you might even be able to get out and swim faster. Still looks cool in the water, and your entire neighborhood associateion will hate you with every cell in their shriveled hearts but you’ll look badass pissing them off.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Further research shows that this is an Argo vanguard 2 likely a 2007 where my dad would only be a couple years off.

Here is what is like to drive

Someone asked about top speed. Top speed is around 20mph land. You can pretty much see top speed water in the video above.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I just got a question that I believe was removed from the post but it’s a good one so I’ll bump this and let you guys know:

how many does it seat?

it seats 4, but you can only tread water with 2 normal sized people. So if you have a family full of bovines, you may have issues. I’ve used it in water with 4 people but 2 were little kids.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom