7.62/.308 Battle Rifles - Looking for INGO Opinions...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Belgium would not allow Germany to domestically produce the FAL (bad feelings about the last two wars - though they were going to allow us to produce it license-free). Germany wanted domestic production, so that limited their options.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    They actually bought a good number of FN FALs The G1 rifle. They used them for a while until they could get the G3 sorted.

They tested the Sig 510 (G2) and the AR10 (G4). But decided to bring back the native design.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    In your opinion, perchance not everyone else's. But that's probably a good thing or there would be no variety. Sort of like if everyone wanted to date the same girl...not enough to go around as it were.

Jagermeister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Shelby
    I had a M14 in basic training. I shot through the first 5 targets at 50 meters and hit all of the remaining targets at Fort Ord CA in 1967 and would have had the Post record. I have always wanted a accurized M14 in .308.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I've enjoyed my DPMS G2 series 7.62/.308 rifle. I did have some issues with PMAGS feeding properly (and the notorious hold-open issue), but I switched to Lancer mags (not a big price difference and they have appropriately placed metal bits) and haven't had a problem since.

Top Bottom