• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Is there such a thing?

I built a 7.62x39 AR15 a couple of years back and I really like it. I am sitting on a stripped lower receiver that I had no particular plans for, so I got to wondering, does anyone make an AR15 pistol barrel in 7.5", or even 10"?

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Of course. AR barrels can be had in just about any length you might want. But on an AR rifle build you are into NFA rules with a SBR. Not impossible but extra work and $200.

But if you take that 9" AR upper and put it into a pistol configuration, you don't have to worry about NFA.

full-k23p[1]_0.jpg

Believe it or not, this shows a pistol NOT an SBR. Nobody said NFA laws make sense. They just are... But put a stock on it, and it magically becomes an SBR in the view of the BATF and the law.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Of course. AR barrels can be had in just about any length you might want. But on an AR rifle build you are into NFA rules with a SBR. Not impossible but extra work and $200.

But if you take that 9" AR upper and put it into a pistol configuration, you don't have to worry about NFA.

full-k23p[1]_0.jpg

Believe it or not, this shows a pistol NOT an SBR. Nobody said NFA laws make sense. They just are... But put a stock on it, and it magically becomes an SBR in the view of the BATF and the law.

I am aware of, and I think I understand the NFA laws. I was asking if anyone could give me a manufacturer name of a short 7.62x39 barrel.

Top Bottom