• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D.R.SCOTT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I recently got a Yugo M70-AB2, and it is my first AK and 7.62x39. Upon shopping for ammo, I noticed a large amount of steel cased ammo and a small amout of brass ammo. I never shot steel cased rounds out of any of my firearms before, so I dont know the difference. So, I decided to turn to the good folk of my firearm friendly state to help me sort out this mess!
    :ingo:

Last edited:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I recently got a Yugo M70-AB2, and it is my first AK and 7.62x39. Upon shopping for ammo, I noticed a large amount of steel cased ammo and a small about of brass ammo. I never shot steel cased rounds out of any of my firearms before, so I dont know the difference. So, I decided to turn to the good folk of my firearm friendly state to help me sort out this mess!

Steel case are cheaper, but you shouldn't reload the steel cases, I shoot steel cases thur my SKS & AK & have no problems

ekg98

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Russia is not communist anymore. They are a republic.

AK's are not easy on cases. You will have no problem with steel cased ammunition in almost any firearm on the planet let alone an AK. I bet about 95% of the AK's out there have not even been near brass cased 7.62x39 let alone fired it.

The Mosin Nagant 91/30 , SKS, AK. Almost any russian firearm design that I know of uses steel cased ammo.

They just dont make brass cased ammo. Steel cases are cheaper and just as reliable.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy

AK's are not easy on cases. You will have no problem with steel cased ammunition in almost any firearm on the planet let alone an AK. I bet about 95% of the AK's out there have not even been near brass cased 7.62x39 let alone fired it.

The Mosin Nagant 91/30 , SKS, AK. Almost any russian firearm design that I know of uses steel cased ammo.

They just dont make brass cased ammo. Steel cases are cheaper and just as reliable.

That's a great point. I've had Russian guns for years and I don't think I've ever even SEEN a brass case. The steel cased surplus stuff is so cheap, and I've never had any problem with it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Keep an eye out for corrosive ammo! It is okay, just make sure to clean up after! Oh, and if you do happen to find cheap brass ammo, it is probably corrosive.

I have not shot a single round of brass from my AK. It is to expensive, and I have looked at reloading 7.62x39 a few times, and it just doesnt seem to be cost effective. You can find steel cased for $0.20/round if you look hard enough.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up

LOL call it what you want.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom