May 9, 2008
    Wabash

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    The Armory: 7.62 x54r Ammunition, ammo, Remington, Winchester, Corbon, S&B, PMC, PRVI Partizan,PPU, Wolf,

Ammunition - Shop Premium & Discount Ammunition at MidwayUSA

etc ;)

The Prvi Parizan stuff is awesome as well. Anything boxer primed, you can reload. Hang on to the brass.

I will be PMing you my address so that you can send me a spare MN91 as a finder's fee... :D ;)

Might check with the dealers on here, too. Might be a discount for members. Dunno.

Josh
    Ha ha ha, Thanks Josh, preciate it!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I've found that in my rifles it varies on which factory round shoots the best. Yugo M30 heavy ball is one of my favorites for longer range shooting, along with Czech silvertip and Hungarian yellowtip. That said, I've got my best accuracy with handloads tailored for the rifle. Personally, I think the 7N1 sniper round is a lot of hype when used in the Mosin as the round was made for use in the SVD rifle and in my Mosins, anyway, it is no better than most other surplus.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    My experience with it has been positive in milsurp and copies like the 1911 and Taurus 92.

As for how it performs otherwise, I couldn't tell you. I've used it in 9mm, .45acp, and 7,62x54r.

I bought it when I thought I was going to start reloading for the Mosin-Nagant. I was wrong about that, but enjoyed how it shot and how easy the extraction was compared to the milsurp stuff. This was from a highly polished then crosshatched, totally dry, chamber.

Josh

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've found that in my rifles it varies on which factory round shoots the best. Yugo M30 heavy ball is one of my favorites for longer range shooting, along with Czech silvertip and Hungarian yellowtip. That said, I've got my best accuracy with handloads tailored for the rifle. Personally, I think the 7N1 sniper round is a lot of hype when used in the Mosin as the round was made for use in the SVD rifle and in my Mosins, anyway, it is no better than most other surplus.
    Gotta ask, where are you finding the heavy ball, all I can find is 20 rounds here and there. Everything in larger quantities is LPS.

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    The Federal Gold 168gr is what the military uses...but it will cost ya. I just use standard Remington 150gr you can buy for $17 a box at any Dicks sporting goods. On another note, ive noticed that its starting to get hard to find .308 ammo.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Gotta ask, where are you finding the heavy ball, all I can find is 20 rounds here and there. Everything in larger quantities is LPS.

Lately most of what I've seen has been at auctions, but some does show up every now and then at the distributors. It's definitely not near as available as it was a couple of years ago.

Top Bottom