• Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

Since my favorite gunshop closed, I've been having to get 7.62x54r surplus from Dunham's. They like to charge $7.99 for 20 rounds.

This seems a bit excessive.

I plan to order a spam can after looking over my finances later this week, and probably start reloading the round as it's intriguing me.

However, as of today, I have $20 to spend on ammo and plenty of gas.

Is there a place close by (Huntington, Marion, etc) that has reasonable prices on this stuff?

Thanks,

Josh

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Nobody here has any surplus, and the only .311 stuff is over at Big R, which I will no longer patronize (see my lil' rant on the thread about my torque wrench). They have 203grn Brown Bear. The gunshop has Brown Bear as well, but is closed until Thursday. I have five rounds left.

How much does the pawnshop have? I need an excuse for a road trip, and if they would deal with me, say $4 per 20 pack if I bought a bunch, I might just do it.

Josh

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    If you don't mind ordering off-line aimsurplus.com has some good prices for 440 rds

Romanian 7.62x54R 149grn Silver Tip 440rd Can

It is priced at 77.95 for just 1 can of 440 rds, and shipping to IN is 14.95 so a total of 92.77. Now that equates to $0.23 per round (x20 = 4.64 box) ;-)

How does Romanian silver-tipped compare to Czech silver-tipped?

Thanks,

Josh

JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Not to sure, never fired Czech silver-tipped so I can not compare. Also if you check AIMSurplus they have clean Russian made FMJ that are I believe $5 more expensive per 440 pack, same shipping costs.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    The romanian and Russian both ship to me for $72.xx per spam can when you buy two or more plus $20.xx shipping. It comes out to about $82.50 per can shipped if you get two or more. I have a can of what I believe is Romanian silver tipped and although I have nothing to compare it to, it seems to shoot alright. But I'm no expert on it though. Lol

Top Bottom