• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A couple of those reasons are exactly why I don't own a Glock. I have nothing against a Glock and will eventually have one, but there are just so dang many nice guns out there to buy, I have not had the inclination to go to polymers yet. There really are a lot of guns to try right now and a lot of them are affordable. One day I'll dip a toe into the polymer world and may end up loving Glocks, but right now I really like the feel of steel.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Never owned a Glock, but own several polymer frames. I just like metal frame guns. The feel, the looks.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Reason number 1 is flawed. It took me 4 months to get a replacement recoil guide/spring assembly for my Walther PPS.

The first reason I ever bought a Glock was because they made a compact 10mm. The next Glock I bought was a full size 10mm. Both were designed from the ground up for full power 10mm loads.

Now I have Glock .45acps and 10mms. 6 of them. And they all fit my hands very well. So it's a no brainer for me to have a platform I am very familiar with that is common across the calibers I shoot. I also really like the fact that they make the same models they did 30 years ago. There's guns out there that were great guns that other manufacturers have come out with that you can't buy anymore.

If another manufacturer came out with a modern polymer pistol like the XD and the like in 10mm, I'd start buying them too, but thus far they haven't.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I don't love Glocks and I don't hate them either. I don't own a Glock and don't know if I ever will own one, but nobody can deny there simplicity, reliability, and toughness. They showed the picture with the frame broke in the picture like its the only gun in the world to ever do that. I would trust my life to a Glock any day. The only problem I have with a Glock is I can't aim it naturally. It wants to point high all the time. When I push it down the bottom of the grip pushes too much into my hand to be comfortable to shoot.

I don't own a gun, yet, and I'm not sure what I want to buy yet, but it is statements like this that make me lean towards a Glock.

PastorBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Wabash
    I shot my first Glock more than 25 years ago and though it was ugly it shot well. They still aren't a generally pretty gun, but I'm getting a G27 the first chance I get!

motoman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Idaho
    those are the most retarded reasons i have ever heard.
    the people or persons that made that article should shoot themselves like the woman in the video said.
    thanks for wasting 8 minutes of my life

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I think I understand the original poster's reason for posting a thread with such a volitile title.

And, you are right, some folks just cannot resist to bash something they know nothing about. I too had a fear of Tactical Tupperware for the longest time. That was before I shot my son's duty gun! He said: "Dad, we gotta get one of these!" I agreed!

The first picture in the article shows two things: #1: Unsupported chambers do pose a problem and need to be dealt with. #2: They can be dealt with successfully, because not EVERY Glock has done that!

If you clean your firearms, and hopefully you do, the chances of something like this happening are less likely. It also helps if you reload. I load my CCW loads too and they are built to make the Glock 22 function, accurate and safe while still being as deadly as can be.

I load a 180gr HP to 1000fps, shot a TON of them and NEVER had the first KB in my Glock 22. Different story for John Browning's OTHER semi-auto handgun, the High Power! Had, check out the tense of my statement, had one of them and had it KB on me with virtually the same type of load. 180gr LTC @ the same velocity.
    Don't forget the firearm the started the KB craze either! The good Ole 1911 in 38 Super! Talk about a KB waiting to happen! Dude!

At any rate, I am not the only one to have a BHP go KB on them. A forum friend from Texas had the same thing with the same bullet with the same powder within a month or so of my KB had one of his own! And NO, he didn't even know I existed at the time, or me, him, either.

So, since the 1911 has been around so much longer and in 38 Super had more KBs than all the Glocks put together, why don't we talk about them then?

Or, the other John Browning pistol, which I really like, the High Power in 40S&W?

Seems like it would be only fair for honest people to discuss this as well, RIGHT?

(Now, have at it!) ;)

Last edited:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    In the interest of saving INGO members from unnecessary trauma, discomfort, or embarrassment, I will take those nasty Glocks off your hands and pay you the handsome recompense of $50.00 each.:ingo:

:D

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    i love my glock 19 and wish i kept my glock 21 but for the heck of it ill post this pic got to love palmetto state
    313781_10150312746197097_279117042096_8509617_1529177479_n.jpg
    armory

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Reason #7 (just don't want one) is the main reason I've never owned a Glock, with #4 (ergonomics) fitting in there pretty solidly as well.

I'm glad you guys have them and like them; they're just not for me.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    And from the same web site:

7 Reasons to Get a Glock

7 Reasons to Get a Glock - Guns News and Guns Reviews at Guns.com

This was the first article, looks like they just took the same 7 reasons, put them in the second article and argued the exact opposite. Are they fickled or what?
    Yeah, and both articles sucked equally. Had she written them, I would have expected more from my Teenage daughter. I give it a D+

The author should keep his day job.

Todays shooter has lots of options. Sadly, I have enough Glocks, mags and 870's to make it to my grave just fine.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I do agree about the ergomonics; otherwise the article was pretty weak.

Top Bottom