• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    So..... Typical of Democrats. So after watching the video here is the rationale they are using. Know fact that guns are used in crimes and that costs society. So it is fair to make people that buys guns and ammo pay for that. Yeah right Democrat nonsense. How about you make the criminals pay and pay dearly, instead of trying to punish those that have broken no law for the laws broken by others.

Just like Bloomberg using taxpayer resources to run his Anti-Gun Websites.

Google this crap and read that everyone of these bills are sponsored by Democrats. No difference between Democrats and Republicans Huh? Yeah Right! :xmad:

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    So..... Typical of Democrats. So after watching the video here is the rationale they are using. Know fact that guns are used in crimes and that costs society. So it is fair to make people that buys guns and ammo pay for that. Yeah right Democrat nonsense. How about you make the criminals pay and pay dearly, instead of trying to punish those that have broken no law for the laws broken by others.

Just like Bloomberg using taxpayer resources to run his Anti-Gun Websites.

Google this crap and read that everyone of these bills are sponsored by Democrats. No difference between Democrats and Republicans Huh? Yeah Right! :xmad:

Spot on. Always the Dems, who thrive on control, because they are an elite group that is oh so much smarter than We the People.

TopDog said, "How about you make the criminals pay and pay dearly, instead of trying to punish those that have broken no law for the laws broken by others?" Pure logic, which Dems don't do. They base their arguments on irrational fear and emotion, conjuring the dark side of human nature instead of the rational side of what it right and good and respectful. 8P

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    With all the things the government has been doing to us, i think our government has declared war on us

Yes, it has. Against jobs, coal, Christians, the military, small businesses, insurance companies, morality, common sense, anyone who disagrees with the current regime, God, family, unborn babies, heterosexuals, gun owners, white people, and the list goes on. The only ones it is not at war with are illegal aliens, the immoral sewer pipe coming out of Hollywood, the mainstream media -- who provide them cover and have no reporters but instead repeaters of the party line, and anyone who hates this country and will help them destroy it. Historically speaking, this is the stuff revolutions have been made of.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I understand your reasoning, but I believe that cigarette sales have fallen and the state governments have been scrambling to find a replacement tax for their diminished revenue. Taxing always has an impact on sales.

Taxing creates a black market, and gets organized crime into the picture. Prohibition even more so. This in recent history, no reason to think this won't happen with any new taxes/bans.

With all the things the government has been doing to us, i think our government has declared war on us

No! Your government love you long time!! :):

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I find it interesting that we must pay money to compensate society for the damage that guns do in crimes. But those who buy cars, knives, baseball bats, batons, spear guns, hammers, nail guns, shovels, chain saws, and any other form of instrument used to kill do not pay anything for the damage that those items have done when used in crimes. I would say it takes no more than a few seconds to prove that this move has no intentions of helping society to improve. It only has intentions to make firearm ownership more difficult or impossible.

sempreobie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Boone County
    Won't be long before our neighbors to the west, who finally passed concealed carry permits under federal mandate, to jump on board with the ammunition taxes!

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I find it interesting that we must pay money to compensate society for the damage that guns do in crimes. But those who buy cars, knives, baseball bats, batons, spear guns, hammers, nail guns, shovels, chain saws, and any other form of instrument used to kill do not pay anything for the damage that those items have done when used in crimes. I would say it takes no more than a few seconds to prove that this move has no intentions of helping society to improve. It only has intentions to make firearm ownership more difficult or impossible.
    Amen!

BHOWPE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Won't be long before our neighbors to the west, who finally passed concealed carry permits under federal mandate, to jump on board with the ammunition taxes!

Does that mean that Krazy Kaplan's will start selling fireworks AND ammo? :):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    At what point does extreme taxation serve to restrict a right? How are taxes specific to guns and ammunition any different than a poll tax? Both are used to suppress a person's ability to exercise a right.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    OK, this may sound naive, but taxes should pay for what the people want, not what the government thinks it needs. The federal government is way out of control, taking money from those who earn it and giving it to the leeches who have no idea what it means to invest time and sweat to earn the things you want. OK. Rambling a bit. But I think we need to re-institute the paradigm that saved the Pilgrims from extinction -- those who do not work do not eat. Makes it personal. And makes people realize that their actions have consequences.
    I'm trying to work. For some reason the younger generation feels they need to remind (like you owe them something) the older generation (through threats and intimidation) they have kids to feed. Gee, thanks for reminding me! :rolleyes: Now what is it you want!:):
    If they would let you work and pay into the system, you can feed them and your own kids to.:dunno:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    An unfair tax? and unjust tax? An unrepresented tax? If Pro-Constitution Pro 2nd Ammendment people are represented, I can not think of a way a law could pass providing a unique tax on firearms and ammunition inluding any and all supplies used to make these items.

Birds away what you say:

At what point does extreme taxation serve to restrict a right? How are taxes specific to guns and ammunition any different than a poll tax? Both are used to suppress a person's ability to exercise a right.

Birds of a feather.........agree.

Top Bottom