• ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    ouch, I feel sorry for the kid.

I've always thought that shooting a dog while it was attacking someone sounded like a very dangerous proposal...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Idiot neighbor has a dog that is aggressive but not contained. No dog house, nothing. He was tied up to the fence with a rope. It gets loose and chases people. I see this dog meeting its end soon.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think no dog house = animal cruelty. I have called the sheriff to report a tied dog with no shelter.
    I stole a neighbor's dog that was tied to a fence with no shelter. It was a puppy and all they fed it was raw hotdogs and it rarely had water. Early one morning I got it and met a person that agreed to take it in a parking lot and gave it to them. I even went as far as fraying the rope to make it look like he chewed through it. :)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I see loose dogs once in a while in our neighborhood, and there are a couple more that are fenced, but I think they could jump the fence if they wanted to. One is a really vicious-sounding GSD, and another is a Rott or Rott mix.

I seriously considered taking my LCR with me on walks in case one of these dogs tried to attack me or my dogs, but I was afraid I might end up shooting one of my dogs in the scuffle. I decided to carry pepper spray. Hopefully it will be enough to deter an attacking dog, and it won't kill mine if it goes astray.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't consider it any longer. Dogs are pets and pets should be treated like family.

I think the dog owners next door took care of it. I have already had one conversation with LEO today. Caught some douche bags looking into the vacant property's north of us. We let them know we were watching and as they left they got rowdy with my daughter who was sitting peacefully on her porch. The near rumble that ensued was intense. 911 and 3 radio cars responded. I hope they found them. We think they were looking for a place to squat.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I think the dog owners next door took care of it. I have already had one conversation with LEO today. Caught some douche bags looking into the vacant property's north of us. We let them know we were watching and as they left they got rowdy with my daughter who was sitting peacefully on her porch. The near rumble that ensued was intense. 911 and 3 radio cars responded. I hope they found them. We think they were looking for a place to squat.

We chased some squatters out of the houses on either side of my brothers last year over near you. Contacted the bank listed on the documents, they wouldn't even come cut the grass except once per summer. Finally we picked up a broken wooden shed door and zip screwed it over the busted sliding glass door on one of them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We chased some squatters out of the houses on either side of my brothers last year over near you. Contacted the bank listed on the documents, they wouldn't even come cut the grass except once per summer. Finally we picked up a broken wooden shed door and zip screwed it over the busted sliding glass door on one of them.

We have done the same. 3 vacant's around us last summer. Bank re-po's. Kids were breaking in and doing what kids do. 2 Homeless ****s kept posting up in the house right next to my daughters house. We dealt with them pretty severely after 4 confrontations. LEO was not much help. Then a new batch set up camp in the shed. That was some serious fun for us.
    One of the POS idiots today was bragging she was pregnant and could go where ever she wants. They were looking to squat.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom