• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    I have a Remington 700 PSS that does not have an adjustable trigger in it...older one I assume? :dunno:

Without spending a ton of money on an aftermarket adjustable trigger, does anyone know if I can change it with a factory Remington 700 model adjustable trigger? :n00b:

Any opinions or ideas?

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I have the same trigger in what I have been told is a 700PSS. I thought it was, and bought it as a 700P. It is in 300WM. The guy I bought it off of supposedly shot it in 1000yd matches out west. I happen to actually like the trigger but I have been thinking of swapping it out to one that is easily adjustable so I will be following this thread.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Jewells are nice for fair weather bench rifles. Wouldn't put one on a PSS unless I'd built it as such.

Short of that I've yet to meet a factory Remington 700 trigger that couldn't be safely worked into something very nice.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    700trigger.jpg

Show me what I"m not seeing????

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    That's why I posted on here. If you remember I asked for opinions. If you don't have any insightful comments keep them to yourself.

My idea of an adjustable trigger is one that I can look at the directions and do it at home. Can I do that with this trigger? Or does it have to go to a gunsmith to get done? If it does, is it money better spent than buying a replacement?

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    That's why I posted on here. If you remember I asked for opinions. If you don't have any insightful comments keep them to yourself.

My idea of an adjustable trigger is one that I can look at the directions and do it at home. Can I do that with this trigger? Or does it have to go to a gunsmith to get done? If it does, is it money better spent than buying a replacement?

Those can be made into good triggers with proper adjustment. Having yours done by a gunsmith won't cost you much. FWIW the adjustment screws are on the ends of the trigger assembly not on the sides.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have a Remington 700 PSS that does not have an adjustable trigger in it...older one I assume? :dunno:

Without spending a ton of money on an aftermarket adjustable trigger, does anyone know if I can change it with a factory Remington 700 model adjustable trigger? :n00b:

Any opinions or ideas?

I pulled this trigger out of my new 700SPS and installed a Jewell 1 1/2 ounce to 3 pound adjustable, set to 1 pound. This is the factory adjustable trigger and the adjustment screw is right in the middle of the trigger, right where your finger rests on the face of the trigger.

40xadj.JPG

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK

Your best bet is sending it to a smith, or swapping it with a Timney/Rifle Basix/Jewell/Shilen.

I'm with Fireball on this one, if this is what you have and this is where you are on it, don't ruin it for the rest of us. Send it to a smith.

Otherwise you might end up taking advice from people who don't even know what trigger you have.

Last edited:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    OK-I'll be nice...

Google-"Remington 700 Trigger Adjustment". You will find the adjustment screws at the FRONT of the trigger assembly. Be sure to read several times BEFORE you turn a screw.
    Be sure to do the safety test after adjustments..Bill.:twocents:

Top Bottom