• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Missed a p10c in the classys by minutes. ..

1. I saw it after supper when it said "25 minutes" and only then b/c someone mentioned it in a thread I was reading that there was a "deal."
    2. I certainly wasn't looking for another gun, but bought a Ruger LC9s Sunday evening ($180) and this the P-10 ($350) last evening/pickup at 10:15 this am just b/c I like buying and selling a gun to shoot them rather than renting at the range.
    3. I have replaced a few of my "long-term"(I know: an oxymoron in my case) guns this way b/c I find a latest one I've bought to be "better" for my context. But, not often, usually not keepers, but the Colt Cobra .38 just replaced my Ruger Security Six .357, and my Bersa Thunder Pro XT competition gun replaced two guns: Ruger P95 and my Ruger Officer 1911 9mm.
    4. I don't think the LC9s will replace anything, and since this P-10 doesn't have a safety, it probably won't last as a keeper unless it outshoots the Bersa XT at the range, but since it isn't all-metal with a hammer, it would seem to be more of a CC type, but w/o a safety: not for me to CC.
    5. I've been surprised before, not expecting too much but a gun delivering more than I expected (Bersa XT).

Injess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2019
    Columbus
    Ok guys with CZ experience I have a question. The only CZ I've shot was a CZ 75 b cold war commemorative and I could careless about the trigger. It feels like a single stage trigger, no clearly defined wall, and as you're pulling the trigger the hammer actually moves back before dropping. Its kind of like glocks with the 3.5 lbs connector which I don't like either. My question is all CZ 75's triggers like this? I've heard the CZ 75's with the Omega triggers are better and stop the hammer from traveling further back as the trigger is being pulled but is there a wall giving the shooter feedback as to when the sear is going to break? I've been eyeballing a shadow 2 and even the TSO but I'm not willing to invest that kind of money only to be stuck with a trigger I don't like.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    I've been thinking of looking into this brand.

As most will tell you, head up to a gun shop and get one in your hands. Cajun Gun Works online is, from what I know, the go to place for upgrades on CZ pistols. I own a shadow 2 and it's a beast. Very light recoil to help you get your 0 quicker. All steel frame so it's a heavy boy. Whenever I see posts of CZ's for trade, they don't last too long. But again, it can be personal preference, so get a grip on a few models of it and see what you think.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok guys with CZ experience I have a question. The only CZ I've shot was a CZ 75 b cold war commemorative and I could careless about the trigger. It feels like a single stage trigger, no clearly defined wall, and as you're pulling the trigger the hammer actually moves back before dropping. Its kind of like glocks with the 3.5 lbs connector which I don't like either. My question is all CZ 75's triggers like this? I've heard the CZ 75's with the Omega triggers are better and stop the hammer from traveling further back as the trigger is being pulled but is there a wall giving the shooter feedback as to when the sear is going to break? I've been eyeballing a shadow 2 and even the TSO but I'm not willing to invest that kind of money only to be stuck with a trigger I don't like.

You have to keep in mind that CZs are generally built as service weapons. As such, stock, they have a mediocre trigger that has a big safety factor built in. One of those safety factors is the slight be of camming when the SA trigger is pulled. Buy one for SD and it will perform wonderfully right out of the box but if you want to make the platform sing, there are parts available that will help you get there. Just shooting it a bunch will give the gun a nice buttery smooth feel that inspires confidence. If you are unwilling to put 3,000 rounds through it to get it to the point, you can go to CajunGunWorks and have their Pro kit installed. After that, you will have a rock solid service pistol that has a really nice trigger that no agency or army would ever allow an officer or soldier to carry.

The triggers can be made to be far too light for carry but really nice for target work or they can be tuned into a nice carry config. What you end up with depends on what you want to do with it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You have to keep in mind that CZs are generally built as service weapons. As such, stock, they have a mediocre trigger that has a big safety factor built in. One of those safety factors is the slight be of camming when the SA trigger is pulled. Buy one for SD and it will perform wonderfully right out of the box but if you want to make the platform sing, there are parts available that will help you get there. Just shooting it a bunch will give the gun a nice buttery smooth feel that inspires confidence. If you are unwilling to put 3,000 rounds through it to get it to the point, you can go to CajunGunWorks and have their Pro kit installed. After that, you will have a rock solid service pistol that has a really nice trigger that no agency or army would ever allow an officer or soldier to carry.

The triggers can be made to be far too light for carry but really nice for target work or they can be tuned into a nice carry config. What you end up with depends on what you want to do with it.

1. Well said, 88E.
    2. I was at the range with a member here and dry-fired a CZ he had with trigger work done and I was astounded at the smooth/buttery 1st pull of D/A of it (don't remember which it was since they brought 6 for me to try out: :wow:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I have shot cz's with a double action that i prefer over some factory striker fired guns. The s.a., don't even get me started... great, now I need some gpt with my 75 omega

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    As most will tell you, head up to a gun shop and get one in your hands. Cajun Gun Works online is, from what I know, the go to place for upgrades on CZ pistols. I own a shadow 2 and it's a beast. Very light recoil to help you get your 0 quicker. All steel frame so it's a heavy boy. Whenever I see posts of CZ's for trade, they don't last too long. But again, it can be personal preference, so get a grip on a few models of it and see what you think.

This is my 7th CZ and I only wish they made this gun in a single column magazine for Production Class. Somehow downloading magazines is so wrong..... View attachment 74448

Top Bottom