• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    What: Mill, Drill press, dremel and hand tools will be available for finishing 80% lowers. Would like to also complete the lowers with LPK and stocks.

When: March 2nd 10am US 40 and German Church. At my house, if your allergic to cats/dogs, don't even try..:P

Who: Up to 15 or so people, no real set limit, and possibility of scheduling time out through the day so we don't have everyone waiting to use the machines. (although i have plenty of entertainment, and INGO peeps are normally pretty fun to be around)

Rules: 1. If you ammo and your gun must be together, keep it in your holster. That is my old real gun related house rule, if you wanna show it off, keep the bullet out of it when you bring it in. I don't care if you cc or oc, just leave it in the holster.

2. Contribute something. Bits, wear and tear on the machine, snacks, electricity, booze, and everything else involved should be split up among the attendees. I plan on have a few of each bit nessessary, if you wanna just throw a few dollars for using mine, that will be fine.

PEOPLE COMING and # of lowers, possibly time frame later;
    Varasha (ME!) 3 lowers
    Brad 1 lower
    Matt 1 lower
    6mm shoot 1 lower

Also, i am not by any means an expert, so if anyone with experience wants to come along to give advice...(i know some people love that, i also know we have to finish our own lowers so they can't do it for you)

I would love to make this like the already started INGO AR build party, but with more building involved. Potentially even branching to AKs as well.:ingo:

below is build instructions, this guy is doing the same lower as me, with a very similar mill (his is harbor freight, mine is littlemachineshop) I will keep this thread updated with more.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYUfcxnDSWg[/ame]

Last edited:

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    Sorry for the delay, got the parts for my ar pistol today, and just got back from the range, fires perfect! ((after some filing for my ****ting milling..:P))

WP_001229.jpg

Took about 2 hours per lower to do, but we were moving pretty slow because we were all newbs. had a buncha fun, made some small mistakes, but nothing major and the lower runs great.

When 6mm and I bought the lowers they were 150 a piece. Now, even with a group buy they are 165 a piece...:( Still i think these lowers are worth it. I still have another one to do. I will video tape the milling process, and show the lower really well with a review. Should be up next Monday.

WP_001231.jpg

WP_001233.jpg

Last edited:

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    I am working on finding lowers right now for another one (10/22 and 1911 as well as ar) I am putting a tentative date at about 2 months until i throw out invites to everyone else.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    When 6mm and I bought the lowers they were 150 a piece. Now, even with a group buy they are 165 a piece...:(

I was poking around and found these guys...

Firearms & Firearms Parts | Tactical Machining

$80! And they sell 10/22 80% lowers as well.

Unfortunately, it appears they are backordered out the nose.

They do say that they plan to resume accepting orders in June or July, though....

chewylax8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Interested in this as well...just 'ordered' an AR15, AR10 and 1911 80% lower from: 80% Lower Receiver AR15 / AR10 / RUDIUS 1911 | RocketHub

This is their website: ar44#

Delivery is set for June, so if maybe a summer finishing party? For $85 for all three and the jigs, it's worth the risk to me.

EDIT: Here's another 80% option (AR15 lower only, but 4 for $100: http://www.rockethub.com/24272) This one hasn't met their goal yet.

NOTE: I have NO financially or material interest in any of these projects (other than receiving the products I helped fund).

Top Bottom