$800 for an M&P Shield?!?! Sucker every minute...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    I don't mind posting that I picked it up at Pearson's Sports in Marshall Indiana. He is normally more than fair on his prices and has a good variety of stuff. Next time you get this way I recommend stopping in there and also M&S Armament in Clinton. Both of these are my go-to stores for all my firearm needs.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    My mother in law bought a body guard from there for $675.

You should of seen her face when i told her she got ripped off! :laugh:

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    That's a little ridiculous. I didn't even pay that much for my P229 and I bought it brand new. Next time I'm up that way, I'm totally going into Don's, laughing, and walking out.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Some people are buying the Shield with the sole intention of selling it for a profit. Sounds like the pre-2008 Florida condo market. How long before the bubble bursts? Maybe when it does, the oversupply of used Shields will allow people that actually want to own one a chance to buy cheap.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    There was a guy on armslist late last year, before the panic, trying to sell his Shield. I wanted to buy it, but he was firm at $600. I offered a polite, I will give you MSPR for it, but that is about it. His reply was I can't, I way overpaid for the gun and I spent a 6 hour round trip +gas to get it. He then offered to sell it to me for MSRP +$100 that he spent in gas to get it. My reply, why would I pay for the gas that you spent to get a gun for yourself?

Morale of the story, if you way over pay and spend a lot of money on gas to get what you want, don't be surprised that you will lose your a$$ on it if you want to resell it. Sure there are a few people with a few less brain cells out there, hence the title of this thread, but most people will laugh at you!!

Oh yeah, the guy offered it to me for MSRP a month later (since it didn't sell) had a polite no thanks, already got one under MSRP.

Top Bottom