• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Follow due process. For cases where the evidence is overwhelming and incontrovertible, sentence the duly Convicted 2-legged animals to death by hanging. Screw the bleeding heart dribble about "they mustn't feel any pain; their death should be quick and painless", as the phrase "cruel and unusual" should only apply to truly tortuous deaths (think medieval dungeon)--NOT to execution methods used for hundreds of years by multitudes of nations.

Make sure the event is publicized.
    Televise it.
    All news channels.

Even animals can be cunning, and even animals can learn to predict consequences they don't want to suffer.

Even this action will not stop the drug crazed addled minds of the neanderthal.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Natural selection doesn't seem to work on humans after our technology removed most of the lethality of our environment. That means we need to apply our own version of natural selection.

Get caught and convicted for perpetrating a heinous crime? Get hanged.
    Removes repeat offenders, so that's a win... And eventually only the worst of the worst are left to get hanged--but the level of violent crime would plummet. It will never disappear entirely so long as there are humans involved, but eliminating repeat offenders and getting the message out loud and clear to most of the rest of the folks who are smart enough to reconsider would be a definite win-win.

People who want to "misbehave" only fear consequences. If the consequences have no real teeth, they have no real fear of the system even if they are worried about getting caught. Put some REAL teeth into those consequences and many, if not most, would become afraid of those consequences.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    It is inexcusable, and unacceptable that this kind of thing happen to the weakest, and most defenseless in our society. Our elderly, our mothers, wives, daughters and granddaughters, all should be safe to walk about. An example must be made of this animal, and every one of them whenever this should happen again.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It will stop a reoccurrence.

Though I have a problem with mistakes causing execution of an innocent person.

This is a problem with capital punishment. We cannot go back and get a "do over", and few of us are willing to trust government to do things right with such trivial things as money, and now we're talking about trusting them with lives? I'm not anti-death penalty but I think that some serious controls need to be in place to prevent government from screwing it up.

It is inexcusable, and unacceptable that this kind of thing happen to the weakest, and most defenseless in our society. Our elderly, our mothers, wives, daughters and granddaughters, all should be safe to walk about. An example must be made of this animal, and every one of them whenever this should happen again.

Once again, and Greg, this is not pointed at you, but yours is the next example I've seen of this: The guy pictured in my OP is "accused", not (yet) guilty. I've tried to be very careful not to, in any thread, point a finger at the accused and say he or she must pay for what s/he has done. Once guilt is proven, yes, but not before. (Greg, your post referenced "this animal", and while it's possible that you meant "whoever did this", I took it as a reference to the person who is pictured in my OP. If I did so in error, you have my apology.)

Blessings,
    Bill

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Natural selection doesn't seem to work on humans after our technology removed most of the lethality of our environment. That means we need to apply our own version of natural selection.

Get caught and convicted for perpetrating a heinous crime? Get hanged.
    Removes repeat offenders, so that's a win... And eventually only the worst of the worst are left to get hanged--but the level of violent crime would plummet. It will never disappear entirely so long as there are humans involved, but eliminating repeat offenders and getting the message out loud and clear to most of the rest of the folks who are smart enough to reconsider would be a definite win-win.

People who want to "misbehave" only fear consequences. If the consequences have no real teeth, they have no real fear of the system even if they are worried about getting caught. Put some REAL teeth into those consequences and many, if not most, would become afraid of those consequences.

As to consequences.
    Having dealt with people who have a serious addiction issue they are not aware of any consequences past not getting the next fix of the drug they choose to use.
    They commit crime with no worries of catching a case. Some of these really bad situations are done by those who alter their reality. Hang them shoot them beat them....it will make no difference to many of them.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    my aunt was 83 years old when some nut case drug head broken into her house and robbed her then raped her at gun point.........i told the judge and the prosecutor attorney if he gets out in my life time i will hunt him down and kill him......

he is doing 40 to 60 years.....

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    As to consequences.
    Having dealt with people who have a serious addiction issue they are not aware of any consequences past not getting the next fix of the drug they choose to use.
    They commit crime with no worries of catching a case. Some of these really bad situations are done by those who alter their reality. Hang them shoot them beat them....it will make no difference to many of them.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you CM. I'm just of the opinion that if you hang 'em once, they won't be repeating the offense that was worth hanging in the first place.

I just don't see the point of coddling and pampering those who by their actions prove beyond any reasonable doubt that they have no place in society. To me, "life in prison" just costs society; "death by ______" costs far less than sending the message to the truly wicked that no matter what they do, they won't truly suffer for it.

And for those THAT far gone into addiction...chemically motivated, just plain nuts, irredeemably evil, whatever... Do the crime, pay the price. Just make sure the price is a substantial one. Slaps on the wrist, re-released multiple times to cause more and more heartache for innocent victims just doesn't sit well with me.

People no longer seem to want to take responsibility for or be held accountable for their actions. I'm advocating a reversal of this sad trend.

Dino Bravo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 20, 2015
    Cumberland
    Unfortunately history shows us over and over humans generally don't live as being civilized or moral. Ancient Rome always had problems with looters during emergencies for example. The sad truth anti gun folks can't face is: there are elements in society that are never going to "get along" with others or live according to society rules.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you CM. I'm just of the opinion that if you hang 'em once, they won't be repeating the offense that was worth hanging in the first place.

I just don't see the point of coddling and pampering those who by their actions prove beyond any reasonable doubt that they have no place in society. To me, "life in prison" just costs society; "death by ______" costs far less than sending the message to the truly wicked that no matter what they do, they won't truly suffer for it.

And for those THAT far gone into addiction...chemically motivated, just plain nuts, irredeemably evil, whatever... Do the crime, pay the price. Just make sure the price is a substantial one. Slaps on the wrist, re-released multiple times to cause more and more heartache for innocent victims just doesn't sit well with me.

People no longer seem to want to take responsibility for or be held accountable for their actions. I'm advocating a reversal of this sad trend.

I agree that repeat stupidity will be greatly reduced.
    My point was that this might not work on many as a deterrent to doing the ugly things.

I totally agree that this trend needs to be fully reversed.

Top Bottom