• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I have recently obtained a good amount of 8mm Kurz (7.92x33) and I am not 100% sure of it's current value. I can't seem to find anything online about it. I know that its all steel cased post war East German ammo in its original 15rd card board boxes. The date stamps are from 54' to 61'. Anyone have any idea of the current rate for this ammo?

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've seen new manufacture with brass cases going for somewhere between $.60 and $1 a round. Not sure if there is a collectors premium on the ammo you have. If not, I would assume it would go for a good chunk less than the new manufacture.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I have seen a lot of places that used to carry new production but no one seems to have it in stock for less than like $18 per 20

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'd think it would be considered a collectible. I've certainly never seen any for sale. Did you check gunbroker? I doubt you'd find many people looking for shooting ammo in that caliber.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Go to a machinegun board and get in contact with a Sturmgewehr StG-44 owner. People who own those guns have a lot of $$$$ and will buy all you have.

There are a few other guns that fire it. The PTR-44 was made but the company that makes the PTR-91 now. There are around as well.

There were some end of the war desperation guns chambered for it too.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    What the OP has is most likely corrosive, I doubt it has any "collector" value. Here is a link Prvi 8mm Kurz 124grn 20rd Box to newly manufactured ammo. Although they are currently sold out, if someone is looking they will most likely look on AIM. Most people that shoot milsurps know where to look for ammo.

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    The East Germans used the STG44's well into the early 60s' and made ammo up until at least 1961. The military corrosive stuff used to bring $1 a round but now that it's being made again in non corrosive reloadable cases, it has come down to $.50 or so. The problem with reloading it is the damage the ejector does to the brass. My MP43 flings the brass 30 yards and puts a huge dent in one side making them difficult to reload. Check on GunBroker and see what they're currently bringing.

Top Bottom