8th Amendment may finally be incorporated to the states!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You would think that the incorporation of the BoRs would be an all or nothing decision.

My gut tells me that this has an uphill battle, with this court being mainly conservative.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    You would think that the incorporation of the BoRs would be an all or nothing decision.

My gut tells me that this has an uphill battle, with this court being mainly conservative.

Actually, I think it is pretty close to a slam dunk. I fully expect one of the liberals to write this opinion as everyone gets to write each term and this is non-controversial. The people lining up on the side of the defendant is such a broad spectrum. Judicial Watch to the SPLC.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Actually, I think it is pretty close to a slam dunk. I fully expect one of the liberals to write this opinion as everyone gets to write each term and this is non-controversial. The people lining up on the side of the defendant is such a broad spectrum. Judicial Watch to the SPLC.

Maybe, but there are a LOT of places that love RICO.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The BOR incorporation should not (at least conceptually) be all or nothing. :) States should have freedom, within certain parameters, to choose their own path.

Those parameters, of course, are the tricky part.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I will withhold my professional view of Solicitor General Tom Fisher.

I will say that I think the Indiana Appellate Court decision in the Timbs case was more in line with how I think it should work.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'm a fan of federalism and I want the States to be pre-eminent as the Founders intended. I want this CAF to end and end now.

But I'd rather it be done by the duly elected representatives of the people, rather than by SCOTUS smackdown.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Someone has to decide what a liberty or property interest is under the 14th Amendment and whether a given portion of the BoR describes such interests.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Someone has to decide what a liberty or property interest is under the 14th Amendment and whether a given portion of the BoR describes such interests.

Come on? You really think that they need to decide what a person's property is? Some property is possessed by title, like this guy's car, and some by possession, copyright, patent, etc.

Top Bottom