9/1. How's about making it "Carry a 1911 day" in memory of Churchmouse?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Done and done.
    One question.......would it have mattered to Da' Mouse whether it's a 9mm or a .45?

I suppose I could carry both......as long as I'm not going anywhere near deep water!
    If you knew the mouse, you know he was never a 9mm 1911 advocate except for CKW.

Going to have to put the suspenders on today.. his 10mm isn't light.

20230318_184542.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    GSQS5AE.jpg

Swapped out the adjustable sights for Trijicon HD's but my custom Springfield Operator. Hand cut 25LPI checkering, ed brown magazine well, cylinder and slide internals. The Mouse approved of this pistol. The last year of INGO has been different

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    My daily carry since 2017 until earlier this year when I started tucking an LCP II in my pocket about 3/4 of the time. It just got too hot for suspenders and a cover garment.

This is built from an RIA, but the only things retained were the slide, barrel and frame. The internals are all forged, which is a requirement I have for carry.

The concept is that it's gonna get beat up being carried, so it needs to be pretty plain and utilitarian, but it also needs to function safely and efficiently, and the internals need to take a mirror polish. I've never been able to get MIM to polish up as well as a good forged part.

Therefore, we have a full complement of EGW, Colt, Brown, and Wilson parts inside the pistol, selected for their specific roles because I'm friggin picky.

Before this one, I built and carried another RIA. IT served flawlessly, as well.

The holster is modified because it seems nobody makes the holster I want. It's a modified Bianchi, if I recall.

Attachments

• IMG_20230901_132725644~2.jpg
      IMG_20230901_132725644~2.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 3
    Top Bottom