• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I don't know how other firefighters feel butfor me 9/11 as a firefighter is a day of mixed feelings. Wanting to remember what happened is of course the sentiment thing to do, however, seeing the vids and listening to reporters and morning show hosts give their hocky opinions drive me nuts. But this shift was a little different. This morning we went to a Elementry school and they did a big hoop-la with song and dance and even had a ROTC color guard, I have to admit it was pretty cool. Then a large group from a local west side church came by the station teary eyed and singing "Glory, glory halluah". They had a list of each person killed at 9/11 and a list of each Indianapolis Firefighter killed over the years. It was very cool and made me realize that today isn't about how I feel about 9/11, but how this country feels about people like me and those in Law Enforement and our Soldiers. God Bless.

Afterwards we went to bring the flag to halfmass and the rope was stuck on the side of the pully. So that had to be fixed. I will always remeber today...remebering that day. :patriot:

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

Last edited:

newbomb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    southwest indiana
    We had a local nursing home cook us lunch today, it was real nice of them. I had the honor of lowering our flag this moring also. Try and keep it safe and quiet today brother.

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    We went to the local middle school for a presentation today. They made us cookies. Probably the most emotional day for me during the year. Stay safe.

Top Bottom