• ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I was in the maintenance and engineering center of the then 10th largest airline in the Nation starting my day. A long time coworker called and said, hey the news is saying a plane hit the World Trade Center". I asked, what like a 172 or something, and he said I don't think so.

I went to the hanger break-room and others had already turned the TV to a news station. We sat watching trying to figure out what was going on until the 2nd plane struck. That was when the epiphany occurred. I ran outside to call our MOC, and said something to the effect of, they are using our aircraft against us call the fleet and make sure we are in control. The Maintenance Controller who I had known for years just said, we're working on it, and hung up.

My world and the world of everyone in aviation was irrevocably changed that day for the worse. Along with every other citizen. Imagine having spent over 25 years in aviation, looking up and seeing no contrails...

If you can remember this Nation pre-9/11, never forget what nineteen murdering b******* and our own government have done to this country. Never foregive and NEVER forget!

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    I was starting my 2nd year teaching high school Jr's & Sr's that wanted to become firefighters. this was a course through the local career and technical education school. Due to space constraints in our main bldg, our class was housed in rented space at the local National Guard armory. Minutes before class was to start, one of the full-time guardsmen came to our class and said a plane just struck one of the WTC bldgs and that it was on tv in the Operations room if I wanted to bring my class in. We moved there and were discussing what the FDNY FF's would be going thru in this situation. This had the makings of some real world activities and learning opportunities. The kids had 100 Q's but the small tv made it hard for all of us crowd around to see. We talked in generalities until the second plane struck. The Guardsmen and I realized right away we had moved from horrible air accident to terrorist attacks. Phones were soon ringing in the Ops room and I took my students out so they could deal with what was gong on. Over the rest of the class period, I watched as some students realized what this meant. A lot changed that day. A lot.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster​

Site Supporter

Rating - 100%
    73 0 1

Add Feedback

Aug 18, 2011 91,192 77 Southside Indy

Discussion inevitably turns to food

Apparently this thread has run its course

I think we could do worse than a system centered on the importance of personal honor and integrity in all things, so Bushido

View attachment 198532

"Bushido is all very well in its way, but it is no match for a 30-06." -- Jeff Cooper ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I still remember.
    my first reaction when it was clear this was an attack was that we should nuke the perpetrators. I can’t say my opinion has changed given how the “war” in Afghanistan turned out.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I still remember.
    my first reaction when it was clear this was an attack was that we should nuke the perpetrators. I can’t say my opinion has changed given how the “war” in Afghanistan turned out.
    22 years, I remember where I was and who I was with.

I'll cross-post this in the Art of War thread that is active. It's quite appropriate here too.

“There is no instance of a nation benefiting from prolonged warfare.” Sun Tzu

Top Bottom