• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Being an old curmudgen, I am looking at a rifle in this caliber. I subscribe to Load Data and have printed off some sheets for consideration, but am wondering if anyone out there has any experience with this caliber?

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    No first hand experience but it is highly regarded around the world as a fantastic large game cartridge. It is on my list of future guns to own.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Bought a cz 550 American in this about 3 months ago, its a nice looking gun for sure. I put a nice scope on it with 5" of constant eye relief. After waiting FOREVER for ammo that was decent to be in stock, hornady 286g rpsp, I went to the range and had a good time. Its gotta be the lightest kicking "elephant gun" I have shot, heh. I had a browning 375 that is now my dads that was just way too loud with their boss system , and their was no way it was getting shot without it. I had a 416 rem before that, that would try to break a finger and your shoulder if u didn't have a death grip and extra pad on yer shoulder. If I ever make it to Africa to hunt buffalo I will be ready, but until then the bears in Arkansas will do, if I can ever get one to show up on the bait :/. Oh and I will be tryin it on deer also, hopefully it wont destroy both shoulders like the 375 did when I tried it, hehe.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Looked it up in my old "Cartridges of the World "...9.3x62 is similar to the 35 Whelen. Both can be made from 30-06 brass. The 9.3 is slightly hotter. The Whelen is sold commercially here and may be easier to find. I'd go with the 35 for practicality, but if you've fallen in love with the 9.3...well who am I to stand in the way of love?

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Thank you all, I picked it up a day ago. Now have a Burris scope on it. 3 boxes of Remington Ammo too.
    Anxious to get it to the range and see what we come up with.

Top Bottom