• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    The other thread and a purchase of some range brass today made me wonder if the only crimped primers for 9 mm I find will have the Nato Headstamp on it? A youtube video seemed to indicate it.

I am trying to sort the first batches I ran through the tumber and I am putting more 'crimped' in the bin than uncrimped. The Blazer Brass I have appears to be crimped but no Nato Stamp. Maybe I'm just being too cautious on what's crimped primers...so I thought I'd check with INGO. I can't find a clear answer. My Google-fu isn't working well tonight I guess.

If it truly is crimped...I presume I can buy a reamer device that I could mount in a drill to take care of it.

Thanks

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I size it, and run them.... Change that... My son sizes them and then runs them through a Dillon Super Swage.
    Yes, there's plenty of different ways to eliminate the Crimp. You can use a simple 4 cutter counter sink and hand cut them. Set up a jig on a drill press and cut away. To buying a bench mounted Swage tool from Dillon or rcbs.
    Rcbs also has a press mounted tool that does a good job also.

Last edited:

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I am 99.99% sure I have a set of rcbs crimp removal dies that would love a new home. If you are interested and I can find them, lol, please pm me a shipping address and I will mail them to you Sir. If you like them they are yours, if not post them here to someone else that doesn't have boo---koo loading equipment.
    Squirrel...

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    The biggest cause of stoppage when I run the Dillon 550 is these crimped primer pockets.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    The biggest cause of stoppage when I run the Dillon 550 is these crimped primer pockets.

You have to check your brass before you start loading. Deprime and remove the Crimp separately from loading ammo. That is unless your running a Dillon 1050.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Was wondering the same. Besides the cross and red goo are there other brands that are crimped?

I have yet to load nine. About ready soon. Have everything I need and a nice sized bucket of mixed once fired brass.

I don't need another step. Would cull them for scrap or trade.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Hey 87, I located them this afternoon, I got your pm, I will mail USPS to you tomorrow sir. Enjoy..

Here is what they are, I'm sure they are the first generation.
    I do t have instructions for them. I would believe you can get them off rcbs's website.

Last edited:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Was wondering the same. Besides the cross and red goo are there other brands that are crimped?

I have yet to load nine. About ready soon. Have everything I need and a nice sized bucket of mixed once fired brass.

I don't need another step. Would cull them for scrap or trade.

Any brass you want to get rid of, let me know ..... We can work out a deal .....

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Hey 87, I located them this afternoon, I got your pm, I will mail USPS to you tomorrow sir. Enjoy..

Here is what they are, I'm sure they are the first generation.
    I do t have instructions for them. I would believe you can get them off rcbs's website.

Thanks...I really appreciate it! I'll sort out the instructions.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Any brass you want to get rid of, let me know ..... We can work out a deal .....
    I have a 5 gal bucket of scrap stuff. Probably a bunch of .40 cal in there.How can I tell if nine has the crimp. I am aware of the NATO rounds with the cross. Any other brands that have the crimp. I would like to sort them out and get rid of any crimped stuff. Loading on a progressive and don't want to stop loading for a problem piece of brass.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom