• ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    9 year OBR trial versus a 3 year two buck trial

Much has been said about the OBR being a “social issue”. That is not what it started out as. TheOBR proponents want it to be a "social issue" instead of using good biologicla studies and data.

The main pusher of the OBR is a property owner that got tiered of his neighbors shooting young bucks. He could not talk them into a QDM so he went to the state to reduce limits so his neighbors could not longer kill two bucks a year. It was ALL about trying to grow trophy bucks… it has ALWAYS been about growing trophy bucks. So it is a biological issue.

As such, it needs a biological decision made.

Opponents of the OBR have had 9 seasons of a OBR trial. It was supposed to be just a 5 year trial, but was extended by Kyle Hupfer because they ran out of time to make a decision on it.

Since we (opponents) gave up 9 years of a two buck limit for this trial what is wrong with the OBR proponents giving up a the OBR for just three years?

Do we want deer management decisions made on who can garner the most votes for or against the OBR?

Let’s give the Indiana deer biologists the opportunity to conduct a three year two buck trial and then let them make the call.

I’ll abide by, and support, whatever they say at that time.

Please contact the NRC with your input at..

http://www.in.gov/nrc/2377.htm

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    2 bucks and people would shoot ANYTHING that walks out in front of them no matter the age or size, thus making it more difficult and less likely of getting a 4.5 or 5.5 year old mature monster.. leave it how it is. let em go, let em grow!!

witdog2020

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Muncie
    I'm all for the 1 buck rule. I'm also for shooting less does. I liked having a better choice of which doe I wanted as well. Ive lived here for 20yrs, since we used to have to draw for does. I used to see 0-16,18 does a day. Now, Im lucky to see 3 does in a week. The hunting pressure has been pretty much the same since then, I know all the neighbors that hunt or allow hunting. The only thing that has changed that I see is the number of tags allowed. Insurance claims, is not deer herd management.

Top Bottom