• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aztec777

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2016
    Reno
    I am looking at a career move with the government and I will probably relocate to on of these to towns. I have a choice of either one at the moment. I am not familiar at all with either location and I would ask for any feedback from you fine folks as to neighborhoods, restaurants, fitness facilities, TV providers, gun shops, auto repair shops, etc.

I would more than likely buy a home if there are any available.

Let the information fly.

Thank you in advance.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Fishers hands down! You want to be in Hamilton County.

It depends on what you're looking for. Personally, I'd rather be in Greenfield. Fishers is crowded and has lots of people. Along with that are great schools. Greenfield is more of a "country" town feel. Less people, more trucks, etc. Gun shops can be found in either area. Fishers will have the better variety of non-chain restaurants.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    Greenfield vote here. Too many people in Fishers for me. Less traffic, lower housing/land costs and still convenient to anything you need. Plus, the area is still growing meaning that most property values are io the rise versus a relatively stagnant market right now elsewhere. I paid 7k/acre in Hancock County which was less than half of most land we looked to purchase in Hamilton County. Don't get me wrong, I grew up in Noblesville and love that area, but I do not regret moving right next door a few years ago. Also, F IKEA lol.

Last edited:

aztec777

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2016
    Reno
    I'm liking the way Greenfield sounds. How long is the drive to Fishers? You guys bring up a good point of what/who to avoid. Please list some other things that should be avoided. I prefer open land and less population if I can help it.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm liking the way Greenfield sounds. How long is the drive to Fishers? You guys bring up a good point of what/who to avoid. Please list some other things that should be avoided. I prefer open land and less population if I can help it.

Depends on where and when you are trying to go. 1/2 hour-ish, maybe longer depending.

McCordsville, Fortville, Pendleton, etc. (check out Google maps) are also a good option if you want open spaces and less people.

aztec777

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2016
    Reno
    jagee, thank you for recommending those locations. I will also look at those. What are 1200-1500 SF homes selling for in these locations?

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I like living in the fishers area. Just about anything I want is close. McCordsville is starting to get out of the city and is probably pretty close to halfway between Greenfield and Fishers and is a nice area.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Where is the job? How much do you want to drive? Traffic is bad in Fishers and can be bad coming from Greenfield to Indy.

I'm in Fishers and it's alright. Nice, safe and actually very quiet where I live but there are houses everywhere. I'm lucky to at least have my acre yard and a little room to breathe.

If I didn't have to drive downtown I'd be living further out and in the country.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    The job would be in Fishers. I'm not sure what part of town it's in. It's on USA Pkwy.

I know the area. I live southeast of there in one of the oldest neighborhoods.

Just my opinion, I would not want to commute there from anywhere around Greenfield. It's gonna take a lot of your time.

I'd look east of 69 in Fishers. There are multiple nice neighborhoods for many budgets. I prefer the older homes but that's just me.

Top Bottom