• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    [video=youtube;akYYAwaJTmQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akYYAwaJTmQ[/video]

also some vague 1911 info

86000 garands from the Philippines
    13000 garands from turkey!

THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Pretty certain my CMP Harvester from a few years ago was a Turkish Navy return. It came in good condition. Makes me want more

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    youre-welcome.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Are the rifles brought back from other countries marked as such or distinguishable from those that were never loaned out to another country?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sorry for the naïve question, but do any of the M1 Garand come chambered in 308?

I don't believe that CMP sells 308 Garands but my father converted one of his CMP guns a couple years ago by purchasing a 308 barrel from Gunbroker.

They sell them. I dont think they have any now. Not sure how they get that way. Maybe rebarrelled?

I considered one. I liked the idea of a more commercially available round. But in the end I decided if I was going to buy one of these pieces of history, it would be original.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Are the rifles brought back from other countries marked as such or distinguishable from those that were never loaned out to another country?

No, they are usually not marked in any way. Occasionally they will have foreign replacement parts that indicate they were out of the country, but that can be easily rectified.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    One requirement to purchase from the CMP is a membership in certain shooting organizations. I belong to the Garand Collectors Association. It's $25 a year. You get the full color GCA Journal quarterly. Here is a link to their website. Here is some info about the journal you get. (Disclaimer) Other than being a member I don't have any affiliation with the organization.

Couple of things I learned when I purchased from CMP, (I went to the North Store.) 1. The people were extremely helpful. They seem to work there because they have a love for these weapons. 2. It was cheaper to have them overnight the rifle rather than take it with me. If you carry out you have to pay sales tax. I wish I would have grabbed Greek ammo and some 1000 meter targets while I was there. The targets were so large one would have been cool in the shop.

Top Bottom