• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    Titegroup and hard cast have leaded my gun so bad I quit using them together. I still use Titegroup if I have plated or coated bullets. 4.8 sounds extremely hot and Titegroup is a bit of a scary powder and goes over pressure quickly so start low on these. I hit minor with a very small load of Titegroup and ACME 124gr plated bullets.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Titegroup and hard cast have leaded my gun so bad I quit using them together.

I've loaded a ton of cast 9mm with titegroup with no issues.
    The 125 g bullet is a new mold to us. The bearing surface it long with a short round nose. Making the seating depth shorter because it jams the bullet ito the rifling. That was my main question on an oal.
    I've shot other 125g with a different profile with no issue using the load data in my first post.
    These being seated so much shorter I went with the 3.8 load, it seems like a decent load so far

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    This is right where I fell with Blue Bullets at that projectile weight. I have since stepped up to 147 grain from Blue. It was good advice to check a chrono.

You mind sharing your load data for the 147 with Titegroup? Powder and COL. Thanks

calvin1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    I've fired 4000 rounds over the last two years using hand cast/lubed 124gr bullets using 4.0 grains of Titegroup using Ruger SR9. The SR9 has the heavy spring weight of all of my 9mms and the pistol cycled fine with this load and accuracy was very good. I guess its time to clean the gun.:):

Sazeig

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2017
    Brownsburg
    I'm loading 124 grain eggelston coated bullets with 3.6 grains of tite group and an O.A.L of 1.09 . Had to shorten from 1.17 wich was ok for my beretta but the longer length jammed up my CZ

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Great first post, Saz.....

I'm loading 124 grain eggelston coated bullets with 3.6 grains of tite group and an O.A.L of 1.09 . Had to shorten from 1.17 wich was ok for my beretta but the longer length jammed up my CZ

I load almost exclusively 124/125gr. for my Glocks and CZ's when I want to shoot cheap cast rounds.
    Most any OAL out of the book specs will run in the Glock FACTORY barrels due to their LARGE chambers. NOT so much with aftermarket barrels in the Glocks..

CZ factory barrels have a very short leade , also (tight chamber).

Most all RN profile in this caliber/weight range are prone to OAL problems with cast bullets.

I know MBC 9MM 125gr. (Small Ball) and my Lee 125gr RN mold will give NO plunk test when seated to Spec OAL...

1.07" to 1.09" is the right OAL for these type of projectiles, so you NEED to back down on the advertised powder charge...ESPECIALLY with TITEGROUP !!!

And--NO--TiteGroup is NOT the ideal powder for any cast bullet load.. Too hot of flame, and prone to pressure spikes. .Kind of hard to beat Hodgdon HP-38/WW-231 for cast loads...I guess UNIQUE would be the next choice===.Heck, it's going to be very dirty with lubed cast bullets anyway!!

For ME--I Powder Coat these 125gr. "Pills", charge with a GOOD Cast bullet powder that is 10% below book listed max, seat the bullet to where it will "Plunk Test" in the barrel that it is to be fired in, and go HAVE FUN...Bill

PS: For those of you that will come back to "Flame" me about TiteGroup...Google up: Kaboom - Glock 40 S&W and check the name of the reloaded powder used most often==TiteGroup....

Last edited:

mdunn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Quit loading cast bullets in all of my auto loading pistols,hate cleaning lead out of my guns.Been finding low cost plated and frangible bullets online. GI brass.com has a very clean burning powder for 9mm as well as other calibers that meters very consistent.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Powder Coat is the way to go...

Quit loading cast bullets in all of my auto loading pistols,hate cleaning lead out of my guns.Been finding low cost plated and frangible bullets online. GI brass.com has a very clean burning powder for 9mm as well as other calibers that meters very consistent.

With PC, or Coated Bullets .356-.357" diameter you will have a VERY CLEAN load/barrel==Even @ Max loads...Check it out for yourself. A lot of the Major cast bullet Co's are selling Coated Bullets, or you can DYI....Bill.

Dundee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    West Lafayette
    You mind sharing your load data for the 147 with Titegroup? Powder and COL. Thanks

Fuzz, sorry for the late reply. I’m in the process of moving my reloading area and I’ve misplaced my log book. I will advise of the charge I’m using when I find it and I’ll dig into the other boxes this weekend. I will tell you that I’ve moved from a G34 to a 2011. When I did that I increased the OAL quite a bit as I was told the 1911/2011 feed ramp could tolerate a longer one. More detail to come.

mdunn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    My last batch of plated bullets I bought from American Reloading was just over $100 for 2000 9mm 115 plated bullets with free shipping. They are pulled bullets and have some pull or crimp marks on them but for just range plinking they work great

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    In my 92FS and CZ75B I've found that CFE Pistol and 124 grain X-Treme Plated 124 grain bullets with loads as recommended in the Hodgdon manual work great. Of course, you should always do the "plunk test" to make sure your COAL is correct for your particular weapon. In addition you could perform ladders for your particular pistols and fine tune our loads. As other have said, using a chronograph is a highly recommended if not indispensable tool for proper reloading. Best of luck!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom