• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Any suggestions for a budget friendly 9 mm 1911?

I was perhaps thinking about an Armscor or something? But then I started to wonder if it might be better to spend a little more? It would be used for fun range gun. For some reason my ammo locker has quite a bit of 9mm in it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just bought a Star Model Super B. Not a 1911 exactly but looks and feels like one. 1911 on the outside but more like a High Power on the inside. Classic Firearms and AIM both have them now I believe, for 249.99 and 239.99 respectively. If you get hand pick, it's 10 more at Classic, but 20 more at AIM so that's a wash. Just another option if you're looking for a reasonably priced shooter. :)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    This would be my choice.. In fact it was my choice and I have NO regrets.

https://us.armscor.com/products/tcm-rock-ultra-fs-combo-22tcm-9mm

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    My choice was a Springfield Armory Range Officer Compact 1911 in 9mm. I should update my thread since I took it to the range today and put about 150 rounds down range with it. Let me just say, I was debating getting a Rock Island 1911 in 9mm as well, but I may be changing that opinion. Best shooting gun I've EVER shot. I was able to consistently put groups of 8 in the target. As a matter of fact, at 7 yards (standard for me with a new gun) I was able to put 15 out of 16 in a fist sized group. I have yet to be able to do that with my Glock. ;) If you were closer, I'd let you try it out, but TN is kind of far from me. :): If I am able to get down to my aunt's this summer (TN/KY border) I'll shoot yah a PM.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Guess grip was not correct term? I saw one that seemed like it was excessively wide but it might have been a double stack. I have never owned a RIA or.Springfield

Top Bottom