• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I'm on the verge of buying a SA RO in the 4" 9mm variety, but I want to have a source for a threaded barrel before I order it.

I see semi-custom drop ins for the full size variety, but nothing for this length.

Is this something I will have to send to a smith to have a standard government barrel cut down to 4.75", threaded, and fit to my gun?

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Send your barrel to Adco or Tornado Technologies and have them weld an extension on to your barrel. That's probably going to be he only way to source one

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Send your barrel to Adco or Tornado Technologies and have them weld an extension on to your barrel. That's probably going to be he only way to source one

Nah, I'd have a smith cut a 5" barrel down and thread it before I would do that. Looks like there is a company called Barsto that makes the barrel I want, albeit expensive at $315 just for the barrel and thread protector. The only thing that worries me is the fit.

menzzer37

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Noblesville
    There's more to it than just cutting down a 5" barrel...the entire barrel would need reprofiled as the end is larger for lockup and thinner for clearance during tilt. You would then need a custom way way undersized bushing to be fit. It can be done. Barsto won't drop in either. The hood and lugs will need fit

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Nah, I'd have a smith cut a 5" barrel down and thread it before I would do that. Looks like there is a company called Barsto that makes the barrel I want, albeit expensive at $315 just for the barrel and thread protector. The only thing that worries me is the fit.

Why would you not have 2 of the best companies for extending and threading barrels do the work?

Top Bottom