• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    I think I'm starting to get an itch for a 1911 platform in 9mm. Without much looking around it seems like Kimber makes a few versions.

Anyone have any opinions or pointers?

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have a Kimber Aegis Pro and a Fusion full size. Both are great guns and fun to shoot

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    I have no experience with them but I've seen rock Island Armory advertising a 1911 in 9mm. Hope that helps your search!

I've been looking into a 1911 in 9mm recently and seem to have decided when it is time to pull the trigger on the buy at the fun store it will probably be a Rock Island Armory because of the price and reviews. Base model is only around $400 and tactical model is still under $500, they seem to get pretty good reviews too. But if I had more money I might be looking at others too.

The list I have seen so far is: Colt, Smith & Wesson, Kimber, Springfield Armory, Rock Island Armory, Taurus, Wilson Combat, STI

I know there are more but that should get you started :) Good luck

Knuckle Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    NWI
    do it.......................:spend: EMP, I love this sexy b!tch and I'm glad I bought it; great gun just my opinion. The only pointer I could recommend would be get a good holster, mine is a Galko highrise.
    picture.php

Last edited:

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Fusion all the way if you can swing it

Great customer service... Run like raped apes...The only downside to buying anything but a Wilson, Brown etc.. is the resale isnt a good because the name isnt "out there" yet. I have yet to read a single negative comment about a Fusion 1911 or their customer service.Mine is a full size 1911 in 45 though. I love it...I can only imagine the softer recoil of a 1911 in 9mm. Springfield's customer service is also top notch though... If I hadnt seen so many patients from the jail w 9mm bullet holes in them that survived I would consider it... Good luck w your decision.

Knuckle Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    NWI
    If I hadnt seen so many patients from the jail w 9mm bullet holes in them that survived I would consider it...
    ...no disrespect, but I'm guessing the majority of 9mm bullet holes you speak of are not of quality personal protection, and from some kind of ignorant gang related shooting with cheap wally world ball ammo that:
    1. was shot by some idiot who has no experience shooting (most likley shot while holding the gun sideways).
    and
    2. ....well, uh, "1" again.:dunno:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I think I'm starting to get an itch for a 1911 platform in 9mm. Without much looking around it seems like Kimber makes a few versions.

Anyone have any opinions or pointers?

I have a CASPIAN 9MM COMMANDER, It's shoots fine, considering I only shot it once for function, haven't shot it for groups yet;)

Top Bottom