• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The real difference in calibers is in how we get to insult each other. .45 carriers get grief about their walker mounted holsters. .40 carriers are commitment-phobic people that can’t decide if they want big-n-slow vs tiny-n-fast so they try to chose both (or neither). 9mm carriers build wrist muscles via grande latte crunches and can pretty much only handle recoil in small doses.

Other than each caliber giving us a different way to give each other grief, they are pretty much the same. Nuanced differently but not by much.

I hope I offended everyone here. Feel left out and I’ll give it another shot :)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have this possibly very flawed belief that an avg human bad guy needs around 1400 ft lbs of energy to stop them from doing bad things. So with that failed logic I find that my 9mm loads avg around 320 ft lbs of energy this its going to take at least 4 shots from my 9mm to make the bad guy stop being bad. My 45 acp is around 450 ft lbs of energy its going to take a minimum of 3 shots to stop the bad guy. My 10mm produces 730 ft lbs of energy so 2 shots should stop the bad guy with my failed logic of course.

My 22lr Taurus TX22 shooting CCI stingers it would require 17 shots to stop the bad guy with my failed logic of needing 1400 ft lbs of energy.

So with my failed logic if it is a handgun or a pistol caliber carbine, just pull the trigger until the bad guy stops doing bad things.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have this possibly very flawed belief that an avg human bad guy needs around 1400 ft lbs of energy to stop them from doing bad things. So with that failed logic I find that my 9mm loads avg around 320 ft lbs of energy this its going to take at least 4 shots from my 9mm to make the bad guy stop being bad. My 45 acp is around 450 ft lbs of energy its going to take a minimum of 3 shots to stop the bad guy. My 10mm produces 730 ft lbs of energy so 2 shots should stop the bad guy with my failed logic of course.

My 22lr Taurus TX22 shooting CCI stingers it would require 17 shots to stop the bad guy with my failed logic of needing 1400 ft lbs of energy.

So with my failed logic if it is a handgun or a pistol caliber carbine, just pull the trigger until the bad guy stops doing bad things.

Your logic is failed.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The real difference in calibers is in how we get to insult each other. .45 carriers get grief about their walker mounted holsters. .40 carriers are commitment-phobic people that can’t decide if they want big-n-slow vs tiny-n-fast so they try to chose both (or neither). 9mm carriers build wrist muscles via grande latte crunches and can pretty much only handle recoil in small doses.

Other than each caliber giving us a different way to give each other grief, they are pretty much the same. Nuanced differently but not by much.

I was not offended, at all, by your practical analysis of our personal preferences and bias'.

Please try harder next time.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

I read this to my wife, all she said is her 22 will do just fine.

Is 5 days later considered necro-posting?

Top Bottom