9mm ammo stolen from shipping container...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Just so ya know...
    RALEIGH, N.C. —
    Large amounts of ammunition were stolen recently from freight line shipping containers in North Carolina, according to federal officials.

The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives alerted firearms dealers that a sizable amount of Winchester 9mm ammunitionwas taken from containers in Wilmington, Raleigh and Durham, news outlets report.

The ATF warns that those responsible for the thefts might try to sell the ammunition to federal firearms licensees in the area. Officials also ask anyone who encounters suspicious activity that might be related to the theft to contact the nearest ATF field office.

Officials didn’t have descriptions of the suspects, but said surveillance footage from one site showed a gray four-door sedan and a silver SUV that are believed to be connected to the thefts.

Source: https://www.wxii12.com/article/atf-ammunition-stolen-from-shipping-containers-in-nc/41263982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Probably just Winchester white box. Everyone says it's junk, no biggie.
    Since it was in a shipping container looks like it was set for export? Might have been their military rounds who knows. Since the suspect vehicles are a sedan and an SUV couldn't have been a whole lot. When I first saw the headline, I was expecting a semi or box truck size vehicle and they really made a haul.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Since it was in a shipping container looks like it was set for export? Might have been their military rounds who knows. Since the suspect vehicles are a sedan and an SUV couldn't have been a whole lot. When I first saw the headline, I was expecting a semi or box truck size vehicle and they really made a haul.
    Most likely less ammo than the avg INGO member has. :ingo:

Top Bottom