• ...and so much more!
  • marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    Need some help.

I purchased a RRA 9mm ar today. This is going to become an SBR and I want to buy a suppressor as well. I want to do a 5" or maybe 7.5" barrel with suppressor and then use a handguard that "swallows" most of the can. What I am wanting to know is what can will fit in what handguard. No one seems to post the outside diameter of cans or the inside diameter of handguards.

Also any input on the who does a good job rethreading barrels would be good also. I am hoping to find a 7.5" stainless barrel but if not may just cut mine down.

I will probabaly be posting questions about some of the form 1 stuff on doing the SBR, but for now I am focusing on the suppressor and handguard.

I have been reading posts all night and found some that show thiers but most never say what they have.

RRA9mmAR.jpg

Last edited:

soljah777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I am using a spikes barrel that I had cut to 5". I went with a 10" Spikes BAR rail and a Thompson Machine ISIS suppresor. The ISIS is approx 1 6/16 diameter. BAR hand guard is approx 2" diameter. On my setup the ISIS sticks out 3" from the hand guard. Hope that helps.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I am using a spikes barrel that I had cut to 5". I went with a 10" Spikes BAR rail and a Thompson Machine ISIS suppresor. The ISIS is approx 1 6/16 diameter. BAR hand guard is approx 2" diameter. On my setup the ISIS sticks out 3" from the hand guard. Hope that helps.

This is exactly the kind of info I am looking for. I love the Spikes BAR. I should have mentioned this in the first post also but who did you use for rethreading the your cut down barrel.

soljah777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    SSNFA for the cut/thread of barrel. I have had several barrels threaded by him and the work is top notch. Pm or email Cory for a price

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    If your wanting to mount the can under the handguard, you might consider a qd mount rather than thread-on to help eliminate cross threading. I've had great luck with my 5" Tros tri lug. My buddy is running the same barrel, 9" Spikes BAR Rail, and Thompson ISIS 9 w/ gemtech mount and it is pretty bad ass.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'd get the Huntertown Arms Guardian 9 and put it under a Samson Evolution rail.

Guardian 9- Huntertown Arms - Suppressors for everyone - warrantied beyond life

Samson Evolution- Samson Evolution Series 10" : Samson Manufacturing

I'm kinda biased, though.:D

Here's my 4.5" barreled 9mm AR with a fake can and the Samson 7.6" rail.

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2557-1.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

Is there any problem shooting your Guardian 9 on a 9mm carbine? I remember reading that you weren't supposed to shoot a can with a booster on a carbine, since they generate more pressure than a pistol. Or can you just take the booster off the Guardian 9?

I'm planning on buying one either way (and a Kestrel 556), but I was curious about that.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Is there any problem shooting your Guardian 9 on a 9mm carbine? I remember reading that you weren't supposed to shoot a can with a booster on a carbine, since they generate more pressure than a pistol. Or can you just take the booster off the Guardian 9?

I'm planning on buying one either way (and a Kestrel 556), but I was curious about that.
    I'm pretty sure the booster comes off the Guardian 9 so that wouldn't be a problem. I think the Kestrel 7.62AK will work on a 9mm carbine

Top Bottom