• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Has anyone picked up on of the PSA build kits for a 9mm? have been toying around with maybe purchasing one, but since they are relatively new to their line, not sure what experiences people have had.

I was hoping someone would on here.

I did. And the mag block would not fit in an anderson lower. And it was extremely tight in a psa lower.no range report, but it looks to be well made. Ill update later.

Dang I hope it runs well.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I just switched from the ProMag block to a dedicated 9mm lower, I noticed if I slapped the mag in, the block would start to shift upwards in the lower. (Anderson Lower)

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Update. I hand cycled through an entire magazine. And each one was chambered and extracted without failure. My hopes are rising.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Update. I hand cycled through an entire magazine. And each one was chambered and extracted without failure. My hopes are rising.

Did you "ride" the release...or let it slam home?

I don't even know if it's possible to ride the bolt forward on an AR actually... But in trying to replicate how it'd chamber on it's own, you'd have to just let it fly.

I presume you were doing this...

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Did you "ride" the release...or let it slam home?

I don't even know if it's possible to ride the bolt forward on an AR actually... But in trying to replicate how it'd chamber on it's own, you'd have to just let it fly.

I presume you were doing this...
    Yanked back and let it go. I may get to the range this weekend. Mounted a strikefire on it.

glocknroll9

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 27, 2009
    Auburn
    I bought the rifle kit put it on a spikes lower with the palmetto mags. It went together pretty easy and has fired flawlessly so far. About 250 rounds down range so far. Thinking about the pistol now! Waiting on a thread adapter for my huntertown arms guardian 9 can then I will be in heaven!

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I built a DDLES dedicated 9mm lower, with a custom built upper and 5" barrel with can. Had over 2k rounds through it with zero malfunctions. Can't speak for 9mm mag well adapters.

3badkids

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The Olympic Arms K9 takes no adapter and I've got well over 1k rounds thru mine. It's one of my favorite AR's - Mag holds 30

38644.jpg

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    The PSA kit looks pretty attractive ($$$)... With the PSA kit, would you be able to use a "normal" trigger group? Does it have a ramped bolt? is that generally the only criteria to meet to run a normal FCG? look like a lot of fun! I'm trying to talk my dad into buying one! Good info in this thread, cant wait for a range report on the PSA!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom