• ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Hey guys,

Normally I buy the winchester white box 100 count 9mm's from Wal-Mart but nobody around here has had any for a while and I've been checking nearly daily.

I'm not against ordering it online, if I can find it at a decent price but most places online I've found are $5~10/more per box + shipping which defeats the purpose unless I'm buying a few thousand.

I'm looking to get 1,000 or so.

Any suggestions?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    If you absolutely don't have to have WWB get ahold of andrew at profire arms.

I've just always had really good luck with wwb, good consistency and no issues. I'm open to other ammunition that isn't very dirty or corrosive :-).

Walmart had some Federal 9mm which was a tad cheaper than the wwb but not sure if it's any good.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I've just always had really good luck with wwb, good consistency and no issues. I'm open to other ammunition that isn't very dirty or corrosive :-).

Walmart had some Federal 9mm which was a tad cheaper than the wwb but not sure if it's any good.

I've shot a ton of the Federal 9mm with no problems that I can think of over the years.

jackadew

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Washington Co.
    If your shooting at an indoor range you might check their rules. The RWS 9mm that WalMart sells has a bi-metal jacket...lead core with a mild steel jacket covered by a thin copper jacket(magnet will stick to them). The Federal Champion is pretty good, but i like the WWB better.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Just brass with lead+copper FMJ is what I'm after :). WWB, or whatever else is reliable (i.e. quality, not pure crap). $24/100 is what the WWB in 9mm is at Wal-Mart. I don't mind spending upwards of $30/100 but would prefer to spend $20-25.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    The federal stuff at walmart is good stuff. Fed it to my M&P with zero issues. I noticed it created a little more smoke than the remington mega pack I shot, but still very accurate and flawless operation. For 20 cents a shot, you can't go wrong with Federal IMO.

EDIT: Just saw your most recent post. I've never shot the American Eagle stuff. For a college student, with better prices out there, it's a little too rich for my wallet.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    INGunOwners - View Profile: Aszerigan PM him here he manufactures the ammo right here in indianapolis.

heres one of many threads about his ammo
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition_and_reloading/122092-red_star_ammo.html

I emailed him over a week ago with no response, I got missed or he is busy.

The federal isn't bad and pretty cheap. I noticed walmart on Washington had Remington umc 250 for $59.99. Also ks&e sports has decent ammo prices but I don't know if they will have that quantity.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    WalMart TULA 9mm for $9.99 per 50 Shoots great!

They also have at times 100 Federal for $20, which is a great deal as its brass but its rare. My son bought me the last box tonight but plenty of Tula on the shelf and I like it.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ordered 1000 of Federal Eeagle brass + FMJ 115gr for $220 shipped. I did pm Aszerigan and he quoted me good pricing as well but his supplier is out of 9mm brass last he got back to me. Will likely be going through him in the future though to keep the money local.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Ordered 1000 of Federal Eeagle brass + FMJ 115gr for $220 shipped. I did pm Aszerigan and he quoted me good pricing as well but his supplier is out of 9mm brass last he got back to me. Will likely be going through him in the future though to keep the money local.

Good price. Where did you order it from?

Top Bottom