• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdh11292

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Whiteland
    At this point the sub2000 has the edge. Does anyone know of any indy area shops that have one in stock. I need to see how it feels. What do they run 3ish?

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    A Suomi is priced at $399.00, uses either 30 round sticks or 71 round drums...what more could you ask for?

Soumi.jpg

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    9mm carbine

I had Mech Tec for Glk 17 worked fine, looks not so good-new one
    looks like AR better Had a KT 9mm funky orange front sight-shot/worked
    well. Colt Pre Ban AR 9mm sold and bought a RRA 9mm and built an SBR 9mm. Great fun. Cheap to shoot. I heard the HP worked and shot fine-just
    10 rnd mags take some of the fun out of it.

Travis Daniel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    honestly either one of the two you have been looking at will work for what you want it for. The only thing is if you already have the glock magazines for a pistol you might be better off with the kel tec. I presonally have owned both the high point and the keltec. I love the kel tec. it would be my choice. I actually sold the high point once I got my kel tec. But like I said either one would do the job for what you want and they are the 2 cheapest ones that I know of right now. Good luck in your search

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweddle
    I just bought the S2k this past weekend (I bought it in .40 though). I researched HP vs KT over and over. Most comparisons/ threads that I found went one of 3 ways;
    1. HP owners chose HP
    2. KT owners chose KT
    3. Non owners bashed both of them........

You missed a few

4. Beretta owners choose Beretta but like the KT concept
    5. Glock owners choose KT
    6. AR project lovers choose AR uppers
    7. Jews choose Uzi
    8. Rednecks choose MAC's
    9. Some love Sterlings while others want Sten

We own Glocks so we went with a KT. For the overall price none are better than the Beretta Storm. AR SBR's are sweet.

As for HP, I personally could never own any HP product.

As for the KT, we got one of the infamous "front sight is canted" models. A known problem. Gun has to go back to be fixed. In my case, I removed the front sight. That can be a point for the HP.

The HP will be easier to jazz up. If you want to add anything to the KT, the ability to fold will fight you from the start. Keep the KT simple or spend money on it to make it more like............other guns. Guns you can buy for the same $$ when you compare KT base price plus cost of add ons, and they will shoot better.

Folds and uses your hi cap handgun mags, KT wins. If these are non issues for you, I say get something else. KT has a lot of recoil in a 3lb gun so not fun for high round count days on some shooters. _________________

This says it all. I have the CX4 in .40, and wouldn't trade it for the world. That being said, I want the kel-tec set up for beretta mags because of the folding factor and I want the hi-point too for other reasons (I would be more willing to keep behind the seat of my truck than the high dollar CX4, etc...). Maybe this spring I'll pick up another carbine or two...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom