• Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have these three and love them all.
    I'm a nose to charging handle type shooter and place the stock on my chest rather then shoulder so I don't find shooting the KelTec difficult at all. I just got the stamp TODAY for the AK so a triangle folder will be going on this weekend. MPX or Scorpion is likely next.

9mm%20Carbines_zpsvcikvroi.jpg

SwiftStorm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Kokomo
    Looks like it will come down to either the sub 2000 or scorpion. I know they are hard to compare, but the sub seems like it would bring a lot of fun for half the cost. I can honestly see myself owning both in the near future. Thanks for all the advice.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have 4 9mm Carbines. Ruger PC-9, Just Right Carbine Takedown, ATI Milsport AR( Glock Mags) and a CZ Scorpion. I just ordered the CZ Scorpion pistol to make my first SBR. They all shoot great but obviously some are better than others. The Ruger mags are getting a little harder to find and the iron sights on it suck. The other 3 are tackdrivers and a blast to shoot. If you were closer I would be glad to let you try any of them out. I had the Keltec Sub2K and it functioned well but I couldn't get a good sight picture on it and it was uncomfortable to shoot.

Great info as always sir!

I have a Justrite TD carbine that I'm trying to make work with a (long) aftermarket rail. It worked well in it's original configuration, but has developed feeding issues the way I want it. Might be something else creating the difficulty though... :dunno:

I need to throw a little more time into it. :)

DialTone301 ran his brand new Scorpion at Riley SC last Saturday. It ran flawlessly.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Looks like it will come down to either the sub 2000 or scorpion. I know they are hard to compare, but the sub seems like it would bring a lot of fun for half the cost. I can honestly see myself owning both in the near future. Thanks for all the advice.

I like the folding ability of the sub 2000. But it is not really "fun". It's a bit on the uncomfortable side.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I had the Keltec Sub2K for a couple of weeks. While it serves its purpose as a hideaway gun, I found it very uncomfortable to shoot and with wearing glasses hard to get a good sight picture. I sold it to move on to the Scorpion Carbine. I have a Scorpion pistol on the way and intend on getting my first tax stamp and making a SBR out of it.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Carbine was very comfortable to shoot except for the 2 complaints everyone posted about on Youtube. Trigger is terrible and the Ambi safety sucks. Easy fixes. Have wanted to do my first NFA for a while and this is one of the easiest to do. I can have an SBR for right at $1000 for everything.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm a big fan of the AR pattern 9mm carbines. I handled the Keltec and Beretta first, but just didn't like the ergonomics or build quality as well as the AR version. Here is a photo of mine:

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    Really liking the Scorpion carbine. Once I remove the ambi safety and lighten the trigger it should be near perfect for Chloe and I. Mags are cheap and there are some aftermarket parts beginning to show up.

Running the Vortex Sparc off my 15-22 until I decide what optic I want. I think I want a little bigger dot.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom