• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I would say an AR that accepts Glock magazines. I own a Angstadt Arms and it is great. I also bought a 4" complete AR9 upper from PSA. I need to try the 4" one next.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Find a MPA71...love mine and 72 round drums make reloading a thing you seldom have to do.

mpa71range.jpg

of course my Mech Tech with 32 round mags works well to...

mechtech1.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I had someone today offer me a LDR-9 or as some may know the Nano 9mm carbine for my SR1911. It looked cool but from the very limited info out there it had some problems like no feed ramp, and may be out of stock.

I have a 5946, and 5906 with 17 mags between the two. I'm still up in the air for a Camp 9 or Sub 2k. I've never had any issues with my Marlins made by Marlin, but the Sub 2k is still around and can be found with 5900/6900 series mag wells.

My ideal carbine would be an AR that uses S&W 5900/6900 mags.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I've tested a number of them and I've come to the conclusion that without a doubt the best built, most reliable, most simple 9mm carbine on the market is the CZ Scorpion. Magazines are readily available and affordable. The guns are accurate and built like tanks. The aftermarket community has already given us great accessories like improved safety levers, QD mounting options, adapters for various stocks including Magpul furniture, etc. If I could have only one 9mm carbine, I would without hesitation take the Scorpion.

bigeric08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    jackson county
    I went with a 9mm SBR, cannot put into words how much fun this thing is to shoot... I will say for personal preference the Glock mag versions of the AR9s or even the Kel-Tec pistol cal carbines are very nice when paired with a Glock pistol of your choice. Makes for a very fun package. I use this setup along with a G19/34 for run-N-Gun and its an absolute pleasure to shoot and also very nice being able to share mags between the two platforms.

9mm%20SBR_zpsmxtknk36.jpg

Im possibly going to pick one of these up this week. What optic you running? Can the handguard be changed? What sights? Thanks a lot for any input I am looking at the burnt bronze version couldn't believe for $840 it doesn't come with sights lol.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    If looooving my Hi Point is wrong, then I don't want to be right!

Hi Point 995TS. Nothing fancy, and it was bought used! I'm usually more of a "buy once cry once" type of purchaser, but I really like this cheapy. You could buy one used and then have $900 left over for a real rifle.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That is honestly the first civilian 9mm USC/UMP I've ever seen. I had the privilege to shoot a full auto UMP 45 a few years ago...it is too bad our elected representatives betrayed us with the FOPA.

The Hughes Amendment screwed us out of some nice guns. There are a lot of really cool sub guns that have been produced since 1986.

The .40S&W conversion parts are pretty easy to come by, the Feds have a lot of .40 UMPs. I'm not really aware of any U.S. Agency's that use the 9mm's. I think most of the 9mm's are used in Europe. My bolt and barrel were made by Micheals Machine.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    If looooving my Hi Point is wrong, then I don't want to be right!

Hi Point 995TS. Nothing fancy, and it was bought used! I'm usually more of a "buy once cry once" type of purchaser, but I really like this cheapy. You could buy one used and then have $900 left over for a real rifle.

BIL has one and loves it. Simple, reliable and accurate. Only down side is the mags are expensive for 10 rounders. Redball 20 round mags are $25 each and stick out at least 8" from the bottom of the mag well.

geezer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2016
    NE Indiana
    I have a HiPoint 4095 carbine. It seems like every one is hung up on 10 round mags. HiPoint mags are cheap($19.50 from Hipoint, no shipping charges) I have eight mags, suits me.
    The price was good and the accuracy and reliability was the same. Here is a 20 round group shot at 50 yards , .40 cal American Eagle 165 gr , red dot scope. One flyer , my fault. No malfunctions of any kind. A inexpensive way to go , heavy , stock doesn't fold but the proof is in this group of 20 rounds.
    hi%20point%20target_zpszgw7sfnw.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I have a HiPoint 4095 carbine. It seems like every one is hung up on 10 round mags. HiPoint mags are cheap($19.50 from Hipoint, no shipping charges) I have eight mags, suits me.
    The price was good and the accuracy and reliability was the same. Here is a 20 round group shot at 50 yards , .40 cal American Eagle 165 gr , red dot scope. One flyer , my fault. No malfunctions of any kind. A inexpensive way to go , heavy , stock doesn't fold but the proof is in this group of 20 rounds.
    hi%20point%20target_zpszgw7sfnw.jpg
    That is the beauty of the pistol caliber carbines. Very little recoil, and easy to shoot leads to nice groups. :yesway:

Top Bottom