• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbills04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I just bought a M&P 9 mm shield a few weeks ago for my EDC. I have shot it a couple of times now and have been very happy with the performance. It definitely takes a little adjustment to get use to the very short barrel length. Going from your 4 inch barrel on your p99 to the 3.1 inch barrel on the shield will take some adjustment. Like I said, I love the gun and would buy it again, just a couple thoughts to keep in mind.

If you go with the Shield, look into Henry holsters, I haven't made up my mind yet but that's what Im leaning towards. Good luck with the decision

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I just bought a M&P 9 mm shield a few weeks ago for my EDC. I have shot it a couple of times now and have been very happy with the performance. It definitely takes a little adjustment to get use to the very short barrel length. Going from your 4 inch barrel on your p99 to the 3.1 inch barrel on the shield will take some adjustment. Like I said, I love the gun and would buy it again, just a couple thoughts to keep in mind.

If you go with the Shield, look into Henry holsters, I haven't made up my mind yet but that's what Im leaning towards. Good luck with the decision

To piggyback off this... If you have thoughts on a XDs, there is a 4 inch version (versus 3.3). Just saw one in the classifieds this morning for $500. Guy never shot it

Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    +1 on the Springfield EMP.

DSC_0055_zps70f363e6.jpg

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    ^^ I love these guns! I want one but don't think I could ever carry one! They are wayyy too pretty for me to carry!

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    I love my PM9 and recommend it very highly. It is very concealable, and 100 % rock solid. It eats anything I put in it. Although it is above your stated price range, I believe that the CM9 (same size) falls close to your price range.

MacEoghan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Franklin
    So many nice choices! It's so hard to decide! lol I think I'm mostly leaning to the XDs unless somebody can convince me otherwise.

cbills04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Indianapolis
    So many nice choices! It's so hard to decide! lol I think I'm mostly leaning to the XDs unless somebody can convince me otherwise.

Are you leaning toward 4 inch or 3.3 inch barrel ? I've shot the 3.3 inch and I really liked it. I think it will be hard for someone to change your mind

MacEoghan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Franklin
    I'm undecided. When I get my holster for my P99, I'll see how the length feels and maybe that will help determine if I should go with the 4" or 3.3".

Simple Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Kosciusko County
    I carry a Taurus pt111 g2. I keep trying to talk myself into up-selling to other guns, but I can't. It fits. It's practical. It shoots well. The slims are single stacked where the g2 is not. Both are easily in your price range.

MacEoghan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    Franklin
    Well, I went with an XDs 3.3 bi-tone 9mm. Thank you all for your input and suggestions. It was very much appreciated.
    Carry on! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom