• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    Glock perfection for me includes a new trigger, trigger spring, connector, sights and extended mag release and slide release. Oh and shaving the finger grooves and stippling. Makes for a sweeeet gun. Also increases the base cost by $200+. Which is why I carry a Sig P365 bone stock.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Glock perfection for me includes a new trigger, trigger spring, connector, sights and extended mag release and slide release. Oh and shaving the finger grooves and stippling. Makes for a sweeeet gun. Also increases the base cost by $200+. Which is why I carry a Sig P365 bone stock.

Hard to argue with the Sig P365, especially with the 12 round mag for full grip. :)
    Since I wanted one with a safety, I sold mine when I heard they were coming out with one, but a already have 4 other pocket pistols, two Rugers (an 8 rnd & a 10/14 rnd), a Shield 2.0 (8 rnd) & a Kahr K9 (8 rnd) that I just picked up since I've never had a Kahr and I've read good things about them.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Good choice and if you decide for some reason you prefer something else there's always a brisk market for a used 19 unlike some of the other choices you might have made.
    Sights I can see well, for me black u notch rear and fiber optic front, sorting the trigger out and relieving the trigger guard are the only mods I make. Any spring changes can result in reliability issues, I speak from experience. My suggestion would be to shoot it a while without any mods and get familiar with it before doing anything to it. You may be perfectly happy with it just the way it is.. Welcome to the dark side. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I like my Glocks as well as other makes I own. I left the my 1st 19 stock for 20 years before changing the sights.

The G43 got sights and a trigger. The Gen 5 19X and 45 only got replacement sights.

When one of my daughters wanted a 9mm home defense pistol I took her to the range with a 19X, CZ P-10, S&W M&P M2.0 Compact and a slicked up cajunized CZ P-01.

After trying them all several times with no input from me on choice, she preferred the G 19X and spent the next 45 minutes firing it as fast as I could load mags. It went home with her which resulted in me getting the new G45.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville

And another vote for the P365.

A lot of good concealable carry guns listed in this thread, unfortunately the OP specified 10 rounds or more. Many of those listed do not meet that capacity spec.

With a minimum 10+1 and options for a 12 and/or 15 round mag, the P365 is all over that.

I was comparing it last night and it is only marginal (less than 1/4 inch) larger than my Springfield 911, which is only 6/7+1 of .380.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I really like the new larger sig 365. With that being said I’m going to buy an m&p 2.0 compact. 15 rounds, very smooth, I can get a full grip on it, much easier to reload than something like the 365 because my hand doesn't protrude as much past the bottom of the grip, safety or no safety models, and a grip angle I like. You could also look at the glock 19, similar idea but with a different grip angle.

I recently bought a 2.0 Compact to be my "do it all" pistol and it fits the bill well. I sold my Shield because it was so close in size that I didn't see the point. If I need something small for deep concealment, I should look at something smaller than the Shield.

I checked out the P365 but if I buy a small, "pocket" gun, I decided it will be a snubnose revolver.

98cirrus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Goshen
    I like my cz Rami 2075, I have the one with the de-cock. That is what my son carries too. Basically a cz 75 scaled down. The slide sits inside the frame, on these and some believe the design has it's advantages.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    CZ75 P-01 decocker. Borderline compact but it's more thin and rounded than many which helps it conceal. Compared to my P30 which is about the same size but as blocky as the CZ is svelte.

The whole point of getting it at the gun show is to be able to try them all and see what fits!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Just went to the range with my Sig P365, Kahr CW9 and CM9. I had been carrying the Kahrs for several years now, but no longer. Might still keep the smaller as a backup, but the trigger and accuracy of the Sig has me switching. The Kahr trigger pull is just too long and hard. The Sig trigger is the bees knees, and the extra capacity sweetens the deal. No bigger than the Kahr, but better all the way around.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    CZ P-01 &
    CZ PCR are both in the $550-600 range
    Consider a revolver? How about a Ruger LCR in 9mm or 38 spl? --> The 38+p model only weighs like 13 oz

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    My Goldilocks gun is my CZ P-01. A bit larger than I prefer to carry especially during summer, bit still doable and reasonably comfortable. My go to carry gun is my Walther PPS M2. If I were looking now, I'd take a long look at the P365XL.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've got big hands so anything less than 17rds feels small. Can't stand my pinky dangling or grasping for something to grab. My carry gun is a TP9DA. love it. It's basically the same size as a G19 just a little longer grip, holds 18+1 has a much better trigger than the G19 as well.

Top Bottom