• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    east side indy
    while im waiting on my multimount im shopping around for a 9mm pistol to use with my supressor. What is the recomendation for a 9mm host ive read a little bit about non tipping barrels are much better but i thought id ask some of the pro's.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    A used Glock with a Lone Wolf barrel is probably gonna be about the cheapest to get started. I have a G17 with LWD barrel and I love it. Barrel is accurate and well made. Finding a fixed barrel pistol is going to be tough. HK made one I believe.

troy28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Behind the crosshairs
    Since you are already getting a multimount I would suggest a Beretta 92/M9. Gemtech actually gets new barrels from Beretta and threads them for the multimount. But, you have to call Gemtech to get it. It is just another one of the many things they offer but, for some reason do not do a good job putting them on the web page.

If you are considering a 9mm SBR they also just started making another adapter that is not listed. It adds about an 1in to the overall length and is completely hollow. It looks very similar to the LID but, with out any of the LID parts. Since it increases the volume inside the can they estimate it drops the sound reduction a couple more dBs. Again you have to call them for it. The up side is Gemtech has awesome customer support on the phone!!!

perminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    east side indy
    thanks troy thats what ive been leaning towards a 92fs and i already have the 9mm sbr well pistol at the moment and i already have the 1/2 -28 threadmount endcap adapter how is this new mount different from the one i have now?

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    As tstaed the G17 route will probably be the cheapeast and in my opinion teh beretta 92 route sucks. With eth 92 you are stuck with teh short sights that wont clear a can. Unless you get a brigadier or above model your stuck. Not only that but the 92 even unsupressed is marginal at best in accuracy. Can you imagine with another 5-7" of can on teh end.

The g17 actualy fairs well.

Ive done a 1911 in 9mm along with a beretta and glock. I finaly found the best host in my opinion, the Sig 226. You can go aftermarket on teh barrel or factory, but if you do factory the thread pitch is LH

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have a G17 with LWD barrel and I love it. Barrel is accurate and well made.

:+1:

g17_multimount.jpg

troy28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Behind the crosshairs
    thanks troy thats what ive been leaning towards a 92fs and i already have the 9mm sbr well pistol at the moment and i already have the 1/2 -28 threadmount endcap adapter how is this new mount different from the one i have now?

I also had that end cap for my SBR. When I spoke with Gemtech they let me ship it back and exchange it for the new 1/2-28 thread mount. The only difference is the new mount adds an inch to the over all length of the can and increases the volume inside the can to help reduce the sound a couple more dBs. I don't want to give you the impression the new mount makes an overwhelming difference but, when price was the same why not a slightly better mount.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Ok....ive got to recommend another route that no-one has talked about. I have a gemtech multimount and am waiting on my form 4 approval. I went with a smith and wesson m&p in 9mm. You can get em for less than 500 and I just ordered a factory threaded barrel for it from smith for 80 bucks. I have owned many glocks in the past, and they just dont do it for me. Great firearm, just not my thing for a reason I just cant put my finger on.

However, I shoot the M&P as well as any of my 1911's and there seems to be more and more parts available for the smiths (ala apex). Just my 2 cents, but I am extremely happy with the smith and with 2 barrels, I have less than 600 in it.

perminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    east side indy
    I also had that end cap for my SBR. When I spoke with Gemtech they let me ship it back and exchange it for the new 1/2-28 thread mount. The only difference is the new mount adds an inch to the over all length of the can and increases the volume inside the can to help reduce the sound a couple more dBs. I don't want to give you the impression the new mount makes an overwhelming difference but, when price was the same why not a slightly better mount.

ok so i spoke with corey and i have the new mount.

Top Bottom