• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have one load book that shows 38 ACP and says that the data can be used for 9mm Largo and some other 9mm rounds. It is only Accurate powder though. I will say that for 38 super the slower burning powders are better for higher end loads. Something like 231 titegroup are good for low end loads. I have tried WST and that is no good. It was sporadic with pressure and velocity. Clays has a reputation for the same in 40. Just go for low end loads with the faster powders. A little bit of bullet setback can cause a pressure spike and blow out the bottom of the case.

You might check the barrel for how much support it has for the bottom of the case at the ramp portion of the barrel.
    A ramped barrel will give more support than stock.
    Another thing that you could do is use 9X23 brass that is a lot stronger than 9mm Largo.
    Give Starline a call about the relative strength of the 9mm Largo and they might have data for you as well.
    Do you know what recoil spring you have in your Llama?
    A super uses 16 pound springs.
    I have no idea what the recoil spring strength is. I just picked the gun up a couple of weeks ago. I'll have to check the barrel, but to me it looked just like a regular 1911 .45 acp barrel only with a smaller bore.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well I finally got around to testing my rounds using the 3.2 grains of Clays (9mm Luger data) and they're too light. They fired fine, but weren't strong enough to cycle the pistol. Guess I'll save them for my Destroyer and look into some loads that are a little beefier for the Llama.

Top Bottom