• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    That is an excellent price! Don't forget to add up all of the costs. 360 + 15 (shipping) + 25 (FFL transfer fee) = $400 total.

Bob in Plainfield had one last week for $399 + 28 (7% sales tax) = $427.

I would buy it if you where considering one and had the money.

I think you came to the wrong place to have someone talk you out of it! :D Don't underestimate the powers of INGO!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    That is an excellent price! Don't forget to add up all of the costs. 360 + 15 (shipping) + 25 (FFL transfer fee) = $400 total.

I think you came to the wrong place to have someone talk you out of it! :D Don't underestimate the powers of INGO!

for 27 dollars why not support the local guy?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

25 ? I'm paying 10. Plainfield is great and for an Impulse buy I'm Good to Go with Bob

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Or why doesn't the local guy cut his price 30 buck and support his customer base?

He doesn't get to keep the tax. If you buy from PSA you still have to claim the purchase at the end of the year, so why does it matter if you pay it now or then?

A lot of new guns only have a 10-15% profit margin. At that price if he pays the tax then he makes no money, and no business strives to break even.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    for 27 dollars why not support the local guy?

Playing devil's advocate... I can ignore the INGO site supporter to support the local gun shop that isn't a supporter? It's a moot point for me because I don't really consider Plainfield as local (40 miles one way, so consider gas & time), but, still... A local shop / FFL would still be getting the transfer fee. Spread the wealth around :)

Indy Gun Safety has the .40 Shield for $380. Good thing, for my wallet, that he doesn't have the 9!

I really want to see what Glock comes out with at SHOT, but this is real tempting.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    He doesn't get to keep the tax. If you buy from PSA you still have to claim the purchase at the end of the year, so why does it matter if you pay it now or then?

A lot of new guns only have a 10-15% profit margin. At that price if he pays the tax then he makes no money, and no business strives to break even.

I am not a savy gun salesman, so I don't understand how new guns only have a 10-15% profit margin when the prices at gun stores around town are all over the place. I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm genuinely curious. Who sets the prices for the gun stores? Are they purchased directly from the manufacturer or through dealers?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I am not a savy gun salesman, so I don't understand how new guns only have a 10-15% profit margin when the prices at gun stores around town are all over the place. I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm genuinely curious. Who sets the prices for the gun stores? Are they purchased directly from the manufacturer or through dealers?

Most gun shops buy threw distributors. They can sell at what ever they want, but they typically mark the item up x% and thats what it sells for. Every shop has a different markup percentage. Online shops mark up less for obvious reasons. If someone expects the local guy to pay the tax for then you can subtract 7% from the original 10-15% they marked it up.

The shops around town that have higher prices are either figuring in for negation, have a higher mark up, or are paying more threw the distributors.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Rural king here had them for $350, but that deal is gone now I believe. With tax, that was $374.50 out the door.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I may want to buy a Shield, but I really would like to handle it first. I am trying to figure out the best gun for me to carry concealed. If it ends up being a Shield, I hope I can find a deal when I am ready.

Maybe I should try to trade my full size for a shield. Hmm....

Top Bottom