• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    Anyone here with a 9mm MAC 10 able to get me a length and diameter for the part of the barrel extending past the threads? Thanks in advance

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Anyone here with a 9mm MAC 10 able to get me a length and diameter for the part of the barrel extending past the threads? Thanks in advance
    I just stumbled across this post. Are you still looking? Just the barrel that sticks out forward of the threads?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yes, that's the old guns, the original M-11 .380 is 7/8. I don't know about the last model, the M-11 9mm p.
    Interesting, I believe mine were almost at the end guns. I didnt buy any 11's or 10's in 9mm.
    I have a few bent flats I bought back then, never have done anything with them.
    The one 10 I just measured was 1 7/8ths.
    20231006_155807.jpg 20231006_155012.jpg

I though the prints I have had the bolt on them too. It seems I dont have bolt prints.

20231006_155328.jpg

These were the days...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I was measuring the amount of barrel extending past the suppressor threads, which is what I'm assuming the OP was looking for. I've always had a fondness for those small high speed beasts, back in the 70s they were known as "room brooms". ;)

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I was measuring the amount of barrel extending past the suppressor threads, which is what I'm assuming the OP was looking for. I've always had a fondness for those small high speed beasts, back in the 70s they were known as "room brooms". ;)
    LOL. And that was the reason I went with 45. I always thought the 45's were fast enough. My brother has a 11 in 9mm
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzit. And its empty.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Have you ever got to try a Mac Jack?? Not sure if they still sell them. It more than doubled the rate of fire. One of the things I would shoot, but I never let anyone else. Pushed the RPMs way into the 2000s.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    On the 9 and 45?
    You guys made me look...
    Mac10 9mm the threads to end of barrel about .979 OD .562

Mac10 .45 The end of threads to end of barrel .835 OD .683

M11/9 The end of threads to end of barrel .971 OD .558

As good as my hack job micrometer reading. And a variance in manufacturing by different companies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Have you ever got to try a Mac Jack?? Not sure if they still sell them. It more than doubled the rate of fire. One of the things I would shoot, but I never let anyone else. Pushed the RPMs way into the 2000s.

I've never seen that, but I do remember a guy in Indy that was able to pick up the rate on an UZI by milling the bolt. This was back in the early 80s and I had looked into it as I was not impressed with the UZI rate of fire.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I've never seen that, but I do remember a guy in Indy that was able to pick up the rate on an UZI by milling the bolt. This was back in the early 80s and I had looked into it as I was not impressed with the UZI rate of fire.
    It could be done buy a long ago shop in Anderson. I cant think of there name, the owner was a huge Colt 1911 guy. They were up off the bypass near 38th st?
    I was told it was hit or miss with doing it. One might end up buying a new bolt.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    The Mac Jack was a chunk of plastic that fit between the buffer and bolt. As soon as it cleared the sear it slammed it forward again. Yeah the Full size Uzi is a little slower and chuggy. I heard of guys with an open bolt conversion that ran faster.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I had a hs teacher that had a Mac with a Mac jack in it and it was terrifying. I shot a couple mags through it in bursts but I was too afraid to mag dump it. He was a machinist souped up all his guns too.Dude had a registered m203 too that was fun.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Over the years I've put a lot of cast lead through the 45 ACP MAC-10. With the stock extended and the old Scionics suppressor attached it's also fairly accurate in semi auto fire.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I had a hs teacher that had a Mac with a Mac jack in it and it was terrifying. I shot a couple mags through it in bursts but I was too afraid to mag dump it. He was a machinist souped up all his guns too.Dude had a registered m203 too that was fun.
    Freekforge?? That's is a name I remember... Didn't I buy a can mortar from you years ago?

Top Bottom