• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crmguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sullivan
    I have a beretta 96 and figured out that a beretta 92 mag will fit in the gun, hold and feed 40 S&W rounds. Plus it will hold 12 instead of 11 rounds of 40. does any one have any advice in using 9mm mags in a 40? I have not tried to fire any rounds out of it yet but it seems like it will work.:dunno:

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Why? is the spring weaker or something? If it will fire the rounds and feed what would be the problem with dependability?

The lips of the mag will have to be altered, for proper cycling of the mag. Like said before, ok for range mags, but I do not recommend carrying them. They may feed ok, but I would not put my life on it. Especially if you alter them!

crmguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sullivan
    thanks for your help, I will see how it does at the range, but I will take your advice not to rely on them. just was wondering if it would actually work

Last edited:

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Once upon a time, I had a Beretta 92 that had been shipped with Beretta 96 mags. During the Clintonista Era, 10 rd capacity was max on the magazine. Loaded 9mm and held 11 so I didn't give it a thought. Fired perfect. Stopped by gun store after cleaning mags and showed to owner to verify and he offered new 10 rd, 9mm mags. Did not do the swap. Sold the gun to my brother in law and he still has the "96" mags and never had any problem. Same story for a friend with Taurus Pt92. 9mm's will operate, unknown about 40's in 9mm mags? Range test would tell.

IndyGunFreak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    It is OK for the range but don't bet your life on it...

This.... I bought a Beretta 96G a few years ago for $190 because the guy said it was jamming constantly. The guy didn't know what was wrong with it, didn't want to deal w/ Beretta, etc. When I looked at the gun after he told me the price, it looked brand new and had definitely never seen a holster. Took it home, broke it down to see if I could see a reason for failure. The last thing I checked(should've been first), was Ithe magazine and it was a 92 mag. Bought a couple 96 mags, and the gun shoots perfect. Little heavy to carry IMO, but its a nice range gun.

Top Bottom