• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I grew up shooting a Glock 17. I always wanted a .45 so when I could, I started carrying an XD 45, and I really like it. I've had the 9mm itch since I saw MAC review the FNX 9. I researched it and in the process stumbled upon IV8888's review of the CZ P-07.

So I have my 9mm purchase boiled down to the FNX 9 and CZ P-07. I've never had a hammer only a striker-fired pistol. I've held both and both are the right size, CZ a little smaller but still holds 16 in a mag. Compared to my current EDC, both will conceal much easier as they are similar in size to the Glock 19..

Am I missing anything, have I left any stones unturned...? Thanks in advance.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    Never owned or shot either, but owned several orig CZ 75's yrs ago. Great guns. Worked every time. If possible try to shoot both.
    What about the XDSC 9mm or the XDM 3.8 9mm I have both and I like them over other pistols

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    I have been thinking 9mm too and have been considering the CZ P-07. I also have been handling the Beretta Nano, Beretta Px4 , Shield, Sig p938 , and Glock 26 . I keep coming back to the P07 , have fallen head over heals in love with my CZ75 (pre B) and just keep thinking about CZ's at the moment.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I'm kind of in a similar position. My favorite gun I own is my gen4 19. It just works in my hands. I'm trying to branch out, but can't seem to find anything I like as well as the 19. I just bought a PPQ, and while the ergos and trigger are out of this world, the muzzle flip keeps me from liking it more than my 19. Now I'm tossing around the idea of a Cz P-07 or the FNS. Both look good on paper, but I keep thinking that I should just buy another glock.

I'll be curious to see what you decide, and the reasoning for it.

phisch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    West Lafayette
    I think I'm going to purchase a Sig SP2022 in 9mm this summer. The reviews look good, I'm a real fan of DA/SA and that new FDE finish is pretty sweet. Hammer fired and it fits my hand perfectly.

aeroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I obviously need more rounds through it, but I love the Stingray-C I picked up on Tuesday. I'm already going to be playing dress-up with it, new VZ grips, a laser/light combo attached for the night stand, etc.

Edit: Can't get my days right, am I getting old?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I think I'm going to purchase a Sig SP2022 in 9mm this summer. The reviews look good, I'm a real fan of DA/SA and that new FDE finish is pretty sweet. Hammer fired and it fits my hand perfectly.

I obviously need more rounds through it, but I love the Stingray-C I picked up on Tuesday. I'm already going to be playing dress-up with it, new VZ grips, a laser/light combo attached for the night stand, etc.

Edit: Can't get my days right, am I getting old?

Both are very good choices, in my opinion.

Buchanan3514

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2014
    Greenwood
    Re: Sig P938

I have been thinking 9mm too and have been considering the CZ P-07. I also have been handling the Beretta Nano, Beretta Px4 , Shield, Sig p938 , and Glock 26 . I keep coming back to the P07 , have fallen head over heals in love with my CZ75 (pre B) and just keep thinking about CZ's at the moment.

I picked up a very lightly used Sig P938 Extreme a little over a year ago for what at the time was a decent price. I've carried it off and on, alternating between that and my P229 in 40 (Looking for a more manageable 9mm replacement). I have to say I love my 938 for a more concealable option in the warmer weather, dressing up, or when I just get tired of carrying around 2+ pounds of steel. I was a little concerned about it being snappy in such a small frame, but it is really quite pleasant for me to shoot, especially with the extended 7rd magazine.

If I had to find one negative to mention about the 938, it would be the ambidextrous safety. I know many people find these to be an asset, and I might agree if I weren't so completely, totally and utterly right-eye dominant. Carrying usually about 4 O'clock, I've noticed myself on occasion bumping into something and brushing the safety off. I usually notice it when it happens, and I've made checking it through my cover garment a part my routine 'what am I forgetting' pat down, so it isn't really a major issue.

All in all, I really like the P938. With a 7+1 capacity in the extended magazine, getting the job done shouldn't be an issue, especially with how nicely an extra mag tucks away.

Just my two cents, hope it helps.

-- Chris

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    When you can, do a search on "P-07" in this subforum, I did a mini-review after I picked up the new generation 2014 model in 9mm. I liked it so much, I recently let go of my G4 G19 and G23, and got the P-07 twin in .40. It's a smoothie, I just about can't miss with the 9mm (haven't had a chance to fire the .40 yet).

Sip the kool-aid... I dare you! I do like the FNX, but think you'll find the P-07 a better carry option if that's a consideration. The new gen holds 15+1, one less than the previous model, but it also has low profile iron sights vs. the plastic "goal post" sights, among other nice but minor updates. You can also switch it between safety/decocker options, unlike the FNX. For the $$, I think the P-07 is one of the most underrated polymers on the market.

Last edited:

grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    I have the CZ P-07 and I just love it. I have had others but when I had a chance to shot one I did and I never looked back. I love the trigger pull and the sites on it is great. You couldn't go wrong if you got it. Of course this is my opinion.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I don't think you could go wrong with either.
    the FNX has a pretty nice trigger, but I don't like the grip texture

Ever looked at a Walther PPQ?
    You might consider it a 3rd option.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Wow, nobody suggested looking at a Sig 226, 228, or 229 yet. They are also great SA/DA hammer-fired options.

digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    I also was looking at the FNX-9 and the P-01. Ended up with the CZ P-01 because of the metal frame and rubber grips. The FNX felt good in the hand, but the de-cocker sounded like it came from a cheap plastic toy gun and the hammer just drops, like the Beretta, whereas the hammer on the CZ stops right before the firing pin then rests about a 1/16" away from it. The trigger on the FNX didn't feel as good as my CZ's does. Now is the FNX a bad gun? No, it's made by FN!! More than preference IMHO.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    The P07 is an outstanding handgun and the FNX is not a bad option either, the most important factor here is you as the P07 is a DA/SA and some people can not make the transition. I had a P09 and I think is one of the best full size handgun for the money out there but my problem was that I could not effectively transition from other striker fire handguns that I use in the past, I decided to stick to striker fired as my main self defense tool.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Between those two I'd go with the CZ P-07. However as others mentioned hold them, shoot them, if you can. Also the Sar B6p, might not be a bad choice either.

Top Bottom