• ...and so much more!
  • INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I appreciate all the feedback guys.

I like the Sig P226 but it seemed heavier for CC than my XD 45.
    Not to sound like a snob, but between the pistol I shot growing up and the one I carry every day, I'm kinda Glock/Glock Knock Offed out. Both are reliable guns but I'm ready for something new.
    I want to stay 4" barrel and 16-17 in the magazine.

Bocock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2014
    Beech Grove
    Check out the CZ P01. All CZs are pretty solid. I carry a CZ82 in 9x18MAK and love it.My CZ 52 in 7.62x25 is a beast! It doubles as a flame thrower. I'm looking to pick up a CZ p01 as my next carry piece. I like the P01 over the P07. More a comfort thing for me. I'm not big on striker fired guns.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have an FNP, not much difference between it and the FNX. My only complaint is their customer service. I also like the anything CZ. Very well built and underrated. Owned a Sig 229 and was not impressed for the money. If you don't mind something smaller, I like my Kahr for EDC.

Sporky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Fort Wayne IN
    I have only one recommendation:
    Shoot as many of them as you can!!! I made the mistake of purchasing several pistols that I didn't fire first. They were all great guns, but I seriously hated some of them, and just couldn't shoot some of them well.

You can't go wrong with any major name brand, just rent/beg/borrow as many different ones as you can. Worked out great for me in the end.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    FNX is a solid pistol - plus it comes with 3 - 17 round mags and 4 back straps - 2 sizes - 2 textures. I put a houge handall grip sleeve on mine.

The FNX gets nightstand duty, range duty, and teach beginners duty. Plus the safety lever is also a decocker, can be carried 17+1 DA or 17+1 cocked and locked SA
    1500 or so rounds - never an issue - never had to call FN

Good Luck

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    It's not a 9, but I have a CZ 97B in 45 acp, that is very accurate and fun to shoot at the range and for the night stand. It holds 10 +1 big cartridges ;and, it's a bit heavy to use as a carry gun. LOL
    My recent 9 is a Glock 17 gen 4. It's light and having 17+1 rounds has me surprised how long it lasts at the range. I keep looking to see if the slide is locked back and I need another clip. Added a lone wolf match grade barrel and it shoots very nice small groups too! So Glock get my vote for a good choice of 9. I am not a Glock fanboy though. First Glock 17 I tried when they came out was poor shooting gun for me. I couldn't hit anything. They have come a long way since the early days, but so have I! LOL

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    I agree with the others suggesting you try and get one out to the range first.

However, if you can't, I'm sure you could easily sell a very lightly fired CZ with no troubles at all. I mean, I've been thinking about getting a CZ again. :) Regretted selling my 75b for a while now...

CZs are great guns, and I think the polymers they are producing offer a really good value.

Top Bottom