• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Derringers were mediocre when the design was new. They are now terrible.

Don't buy one. Even the very best ones are bad.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If it is for personal defense, you will be much better suited with a Ruger LCP in .380. It's much easier to fire, more accurate, lighter, carries 300% more ammo, reloads about 10 times as fast......I think you see where this is going. Heck, even a S&W 442/642 is about the same size, maybe a little bigger, but not much.

If it's for a range gun, I suggest .45-70.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    If it is for personal defense, you will be much better suited with a Ruger LCP in .380. It's much easier to fire, more accurate, lighter, carries 300% more ammo, reloads about 10 times as fast......I think you see where this is going. Heck, even a S&W 442/642 is about the same size, maybe a little bigger, but not much.
    If it's for a range gun, I suggest .45-70.
    I'm going to side with BigTanker on this...a S&W j-framed .38 is about the same size and will give you 5 shots instead of 2 along with much faster reload capability than what a simple derringer will!
    I have a 340 and it slide in and out of and fits nicely in a front pocket just fine...
    Plus I installed an XS Sights Tritium front sight on it for low or no light shooting...if needed?

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I'm going to side with BigTanker on this...a S&W j-framed .38 is about the same size and will give you 5 shots instead of 2 along with much faster reload capability than what a simple derringer will!
    I have a 340 and it slide in and out of and fits nicely in a front pocket just fine...
    Plus I installed an XS Sights Tritium front sight on it for low or no light shooting...if needed?
    I dont think sights should be considered when buying a derringer, lets be honest, you dont aim one of those lol. Just point and pull :laugh:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have a Bond Arms derringer in 9mm with another interchangeable barrel in 10mm. It’s not my go to carry option.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    The NAA in 22mag Is smaller, and more shootable.

Something like LCP is pretty much the same size, more shootable, similar weight or lighter, semi auto with 5 more rounds.

If you are talking about a bond arms derringer they are bricks, big and heavy, you can get in to 9mm semi autos for there size and weight.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I bought a Bond for cowboy action side matches. Came with .357 and .45 Colt/.410 barrels. I took to slipping in my pocket. Kinda like carrying a shotgun in my shorts! I use Winchester PDX rounds. I reload for .45 Colt, .38 and 357.

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    I owned one in .38cal, it was not much fun to shoot. Traded it in for a s&w jframe in .38cal, changed to a Hogue grip. It made a big difference and went from 2 shots to 5.

Top Bottom