• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mm - What's your preferred carry load?

• Total voters

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Hirtenberger +P+ 100 grain pointed soft point. 1,750fps out of a stock Glock 17. Next is DRT. Then, Hi-Vel...yes, they are in business again.
    Duty issue was Black Hills 124gr +P jhp but I haven't been able to work except with my K9 in years so I get nothing new. Lower than whale poop but I'm used to that!!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    There are several vendors at the Indy 1500 gun show that have confirmed to me that they will still continue to sell "discounted" 50 round boxes at the gun shows. The explanation I was given is Federal wants to avoid becoming the next "Black Talon" in case some jack wagon decides to use HST in a shooting or some other paranoid crap.

I may be wrong, but I think it has more to do with the bottom line than anything else. They're trying to move those 20 round boxes @ $.90/round to non-LE.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Standard pressure HST's, usually 147's but I keep 124gr in my wife's subcompact. I've found that all our EDC pistols "like" HST with respect to overall reliability and accuracy, but I wouldn't have a problem carrying something else as long as I know it will reliably cycle in the gun.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Today's new video on Paul Harrell's channel on YouTube delves into this.

[video=youtube;oM5Am6rIu-s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM5Am6rIu-s[/video]

I've never watched this guy before. I'm not informed enough to critique content, but I like his presentation style!

Top Bottom