• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    A few years ago I had a friend that had a 9mm Revolver, and it was a nice little snubby. I think it was a Taurus but not sure. I have always said if I find a used 9mm snubby I would like to try one. I think you had to use some half moon clips to hold the the brass in place. Is there anyone here that has had or has one? and how do you like it?

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I personally don't have one but I myself would like to experiment with one. I'm a big fan of the 9mm cartridge and a big fan of snub nose revolvers.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Charter arms currently makes one DA/SA (double action/single action). Taurus used to and still might make one as well. Even Ruger made a single action 38 spl that had an extra cylinder for 9mm, if I remember right. Not sure if they still sell it like that though.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Ruger made a single action 38 spl that had an extra cylinder for 9mm, if I remember right. Not sure if they still sell it like that though.

Ruger's SP101 was a DA/SA revolver that, at one time, was chambered in 9mm...and is highly sought after today as they are solid, sturdy, and accurate revolvers. The 3.16 length barrel version was, in my opinion, the more desired model as with the longer barrel, there was increased accuracy and higher velocity! They also made a interchangeable cylinder that went with their .357/.38 SA Blackhawk revolvers.

I, myself, would probably go for a 3.16" version...just to plink aroound with! The last few I saw sell, via the internet, were in the $700-$900 range...depending on the condition!

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Ruger's SP101 was a DA/SA revolver that, at one time, was chambered in 9mm...and is highly sought after today as they are solid, sturdy, and accurate revolvers. The 3.16 length barrel version was, in my opinion, the more desired model as with the longer barrel, there was increased accuracy and higher velocity! They also made a interchangeable cylinder that went with their .357/.38 SA Blackhawk revolvers.

I, myself, would probably go for a 3.16" version...just to plink aroound with! The last few I saw sell, via the internet, were in the $700-$900 range...depending on the condition!

Thanks, this is correct. I had forgotten about the SP101 in 9mm. I was actually referring to an older single-six that came with a 9mm cylinder - similar to what they do with some of the "convertible" SA .22/22WMR that you can still find today.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    There's a model of the ruger blackhawk that comes with a 9mm cylinder

Yes they do. I have one. It comes with cylinders for 9mm/38sp-357mag. It's not a snubby. But it is fun to shoot! Being a SA I would not use it for self defence. I have a S&W 640-3 38sp-357mag with a 1-7/8in barrel. I run 38+p's in it. It is my bug I carry pocket. Using 357mag's make your hand ring!! lol

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    The post with the comment that they are over priced is right on...... but, try and buy one otherwise. It's a case of if you really want one then pay the price. You'll never own one if you wait to get it cheap. The 9 mm revolvers are now commanding a collector's premium.

Having said that; I recently purchased a stainless Ruger Speed Six 9 mm with 2 3/4 inch barrel. And yes.....I paid a fortune to get it. It uses 1/2 (3 shot) moon clips. As far as I know Ruger never made full 6 shot clips. The after market clips are too thick and don't work. So don't waste your time buying them. It's a fantastic carry gun and fun to shoot. This one stays with me until "death do us apart". Smith Wesson makes a model 547 but try and buy one. Taurus also makes one. I think Charter Arms does also. The Speed Six 9 mm revolvers were seldom seen until they become collectable. Now they have started to appear to take advantage of the cash in the range of 700 to 1200.00. Frankly I have a Speed Six .357 magnum and it shoot just as good.

I wasn't aware that that they made a 9 mm Sp101..... but the search is on.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    A few years ago I had a friend that had a 9mm Revolver, and it was a nice little snubby. I think it was a Taurus but not sure. I have always said if I find a used 9mm snubby I would like to try one. I think you had to use some half moon clips to hold the the brass in place. Is there anyone here that has had or has one? and how do you like it?
    Charter Arms makes one as well as S&W. It would be handy to have a revolver that could share ammo with your pistols.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    there was a Taurus 940 .40s&w snub nose revolver for sale on armslist (for $400) bout 6mos ago.
    i tried in vain to buy it from the seller...he wouldnt reply to my emails...:dunno:

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Ruger SP101 9 mm NIB listed on Gunbroker and the last bid was 899.00. Every collection needs at least one. However, 38 special, .357, 357 super, 357 sig, are all 9 mm rounds. Performance is the issue.

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    I have the 9mm convertible Blackhawk with the 6.5" barrel and have not seen any bullets keyhole yet when fired out to 25 yards. However the accuracy is somewhat inconsistent as the distance increases and the bullet impact can drop off. At 10 - 15 yards, the accuracy is generally pretty good. But at 25 yards, 3 shots might be on and 3 shots could drop off.
    The other 9mm convertible barrel length is 4.6".
    Is that the barrel length that has produced keyholes?

Ruger Blackhawk convertible product page:

http://www.ruger.com/products/newModelBlackhawkConvertible/models.html

Last edited:
    Top Bottom